How to change system language on Windows 8.1
If you want to change the system language in Windows 8.1, you only need to follow a few simple steps with no extra software required. Here is how to do that easily.
How to change the language settings on Windows 8.1?
- Press the Windows key + C, and click on Settings.
- Click on "Change PC settings".
- Click on "Time and Language".
- Go to "Region and language" and click on the + button to add a new language.
- Select the language of your choice and follow the onscreen instructions:
Your PC must be connected to the internet, to download the language packs if it is not installed.
- Open the Control Panel > Language.
- Click on "Add Language".
- Select the language (or a variant of the language), then click on "Add" and confirm.
- The new language will appear on your language list.
- On the new language, click on Options at the right of the line, then click on "Download and install the language pack".
- The pack will be downloaded and installed.
Note that upon installing a new language, a new keyboard will also be installed (with letters, symbols specific to the language). You can switch between input methods by pressing the Win + Space key combo or by clicking on the tray icon.
Any more Windows questions? Check out our forum!