If you want to change the system language in Windows 8.1, you only need to follow a few simple steps with no extra software required. Here is how to do that easily.
To change the language settings on Windows 8.1:
- Press the Windows key + C, and click on Settings.
- Click on "Change PC settings".
- Click on "Time and Language".
- Go to "Region and language" and click on the + button to add a new language.
- Select the language of your choice and follow the onscreen instructions:
Your PC must be connected to the internet, to download the language packs if it is not installed.
- Open the Control Panel > Language.
- Click on "Add Language".
- Select the language (or a variant of the language), then click on "Add" and confirm.
- The new language will appear on your language list.
- On the new language, click on Options at the right of the line, then click on "Download and install the language pack".
- The pack will be downloaded and installed.
Note that upon installing a new language, a new keyboard will also be installed (with letters, symbols specific to the language). You can switch between input methods by pressing the Win + Space key combo or by clicking on the tray icon.
- How to change language in windows 8
- How to change language in windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 change language
- How to Enable The Language Bar on Windows 8.1
- Change computer name: Windows 8.1, PC > Guide
- Change computer from JAPANESE To ENGLISH [solved] > Forum - Windows
- How to change account name in Windows 8.1 > Guide
- Change icon size: Windows 8 > Guide
- Disable USB disconnect sound: Windows 10, Windows 8.1
- Download and install Windows 8.1: from ISO, installer
- Windows 8 Media Center Pack: free download
- How to deactivate UAC with msconfig: Windows 8.1
- Disable task manager: gpo, group policy
- How to access the God Mode in Windows: 8.1
- How to disable fast boot: Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Fix cd-dvd drive missing in Windows: 7, 8, 10
- How to setup bluetooth Windows 8.1
- How to add fonts on Windows 8.1
- Bluetooth shortcut key: Windows 8.1
- Run as administrator on Windows 8.1
- Stop windows auto installing drivers: Windows 8
- Delete user account: Windows 8.1
- How to run disc cleanup windows 8.1
- Set the keyboard shortcut for volume: Windows 8
- Copy and paste results on Windows 8 via cmd
- How to set low battery notification: Windows 8.1
- How to enable language bar: in Windows 8
- How to turn on/off System Restore: Windows 11, 10, 8
- How to create a recovery partition in Windows 8.1