In this guide, we will take you through the process of displaying the language bar 8.1 on Windows 8's desktop.
What is the standard method?
- Open the Control Panel.
- In the "Clock, Language, and Region" section, click on "Change input methods"
- In the left pane, click on "Advanced Settings"
- In the "Switching input methods" section, check "Use the desktop language bar when it's available"
What are the alternatives?
- Click on Option on the same line as Use the desktop language bar when it's available
- Define how the language bar will be displayed among "Floating on the desktop", "Docked to the taskbar", "Hidden"
- And tune other options such as "Show text labels on the Language bar", "Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar", or "Show the Language bar as transparent when inactive"