iPhone 6 - How to close background browser tabs (Safari)
If you want to know how many browser tabs are running in the background on your iPhone 6:
- Open Safari
- Tap on:
- The background pages will be displayed.
- Closing the ones you don't require, can help to reduce memory/processing usage.
On the iPhone 6, you can view how many webpages are opened via the multitasking view:
- Double tap on the Home button.
- Here's an example of pages/apps running in the background:
- Slide a page upwards or downward to close it!
Note: This tip also applies to the iPad 2 Air.
This document, titled « iPhone 6 - How to close background browser tabs (Safari) », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM