Sometimes apps will become unresponsive on your smartphone and thereby prevent you from using your phone properly. If your iPhone won't respond to any input after an app crash or error, iOS offers a simple way to troubleshoot this issue. In this article we'll show you how to force quit apps on an iPhone (newer and older models) without the need to restart your device.
How To Close Unresponsive Apps
Models With a Home Button
To force quite an unresponsive app on older iPhone models (iPhone 8 and older), simply double-click the home button swipe right to the app that you want to force quit and then swipe up and away. This will quit the app and force it to 'restart'.
Models With no Home Button
For iPhone X models and later, swipe up from the bottom of the phone, pause for a few seconds in the middle of the screen, all apps and pages running in the background will pop up and you can swipe them away, forcing them to quit as needed. You can repeat these steps as many times as desired.
Image © William Hook - Unsplash.com
- How to force quit an app on iphone
- Force quit app iphone - Best answers
- How to force quit iphone 6 - Best answers
- Lost settings app on iphone - How-To - iPhone
- Samsung smart view app for iphone - How-To - Mobile
- Accidentally deleted messages app on iphone ✓ - Forum - IPhone
- Waze app settings iphone - How-To - Mobile
- How to hide app store iphone - How-To - iPhone