Apple's AirPlay technology enables you to mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to other AirPlay compatible devices. But if you would like to take advantage of this technology on a Windows PC, additional steps are required. This guide will teach you how to emulate AirPlay on a Windows PC.
Can you screen mirror iPhone to PC via bluetooth?
Unfortunately no, you cannot use bluetooth to screen mirror from your iPhone to a PC as bluetooth isn't powerful, or fast enough. It is possible with WiFi, USB, mobile data, or Chromecast (which uses WiFi).
Is it possible to screen mirror from iPhone to PC without software?
Again, unfortunately no. You will need download a tool or software to be able to screen mirror from your iPhone to your PC. Below we give two examples of how to mirror your iPhone to your PC with Reflector 3 and LonelyScreen that allow you to emulate AirPlay on your computer.
How to emulate AirPlay on a Windows PC?
Enable AirPlay with Reflector 3
Open Reflector 3 and select the Try Reflector 3 option to activate your free 7-day trial. Reflector 2 will create a shortcut in the Windows taskbar. Right-click on the shortcut and select Settings > Show Preferences:
Go to the General tab and select a Broadcast Name:
Next, head to the Connection tab and select the desired AirPlay Resolution:
Now go to the Advanced tab and enable AirPlay:
Click on Apply > OK to enable AirPlay on your computer.
Enable AirPlay with LonelyScreen
LonelyScreen is a free application that will transform your computer into an AirPlay receiver - no complex configuration is required.
Launch the program, select a server name and click on Save to enable AirPlay on your computer:
How to mirror your iOS device to a computer?
Once you have installed and configured the desired software on your computer, it's time to connect your computer and iOS device to the same WiFi network.
Once done, enable AirPlay on your iOS device and allow it to search for compatible devices.
Select your computer from the list of devices. Toggle the Mirroring option On and wait until the connection is established.
Need more help with iOS? Check out our Forum!
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone > Guide
- How To Use Samsung Smart View with Your iPhone/iPad
- Share/Thread iPhone wifi internet to the PC [solved] > Forum - IPhone
- Easily Transfer Media Between iPhone and PC
- How to cancel a Netflix subscription: on iPhone, on PC > Guide
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- Apple iOS 15: release date, update, beta, supported devices
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel