The Windows XP operating system can be installed via CD or a USB flash drive with the operating system loaded on it. This article will show you how to install Windows XP on your PC using a flash drive.
Installing Windows XP on a USB Flash Drive
I want to format my hard disk via pen drive instead of XP bootable Cd. In short I want to make my pen drive as bootable XP disc. So give me appropriate steps or tell me to copy a file to pen drive from Xp bootable cd so it can work.
To Install Windows Xp OS from a USB Flash drive please follow these steps below carefully...
CLICK ON PRIMARY DOWNLOAD SITE & DOWNLOAD USB DRIVE BOOTABLE TOOL
CLICK ON PRIMARY DOWNLOAD SITE
- 3. COPY XP FILES ON PEN DRIVE WITH FOLDER NAME(WINXP)
- 4. BOOT FROM USB
- 5. AFTER COMPLETE BOOTING U WILL SEE THE PROMP C:/>
- 6. C:/>SMARTDRV
- 7. CD WINXP
- 8. C:/WINXP>CD I386
- 9. C:/WINXP/I386>WINNT
- 10 NOW UR COMP START SOME FILES AFTER COMPLETING THIS UR COMP WILL RESTART
- 11. DON’T REMOVE UR PEN DRIVE BUT SELECT OPTION BOOT FROM HARD DISK
- 12. DONT FORMAT THE C: AND CONTINUE UR INSTALLATION AS A BOOTABLE CD
Thanks to amit
for this tip on the forum.
Image: © iStock.
This document, titled « Installing Windows XP Using USB Flash Drive », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM