To reduce the time it takes to access Hotmail
,it can be added to the favorites menu, or accessed through instant messaging software.Creating a Hotmail shortcut on the desktop
is another good option. Creating a shortcut is easy and can be done with the same method as creating shortcuts to locations or programs in the system. Here, instead of the location of a folder or the path to an executable, a command has to be entered that will open Hotmail's messages page. There is no need to open the internet browser to access the hotmail web page anymore as it can be accessed from the Hotmail shortcut on the desktop
Accessing your mailbox on Hotmail is time consuming; you can either add Hotmail.com to your Favorites or access it via instant messaging applications.
The quickest method to access your mailbox and read your messages directly is definitely to create a shortcut on your desktop.
Proceed as follows:
- Right click on your desktop and select New > Shortcut
- In the Create Shortcut window that appears, type in the command below:
%windir%System32rundll32.exe "%ProgramFiles%Internet Explorerhmmapi.dll",OpenInboxHandler
- Click on the Next button
- Type in a name for the shortcut (e.g. Hotmail instant access) and click Next
- Your new shortcut should be on your desktop and ready to use.
- Note: if you want modify the icon associated to this shortcut, just right click on the shortcut, select the Change Icon option, select the icon you want to use and click on Ok.
Published by jak58
Latest update on December 13, 2012 at 05:07 PM by Jeff.