My up and down arrow keys are locking [Solved/Closed]

Registration date
Sunday February 23, 2014
Last seen
March 5, 2014
-
I'm on a very new HP PC. Every few hours (yes, hours) the up and down arrow keys stop working. I'll switch to a different keyboard and they will have the same issue. Rebooting seems to be the only thing that helps. I am very frustrated.

It's not that they scroll fast. It's not that I need to hit F7. That's not the issue. The up and down simply STOP working all together. And nothing corrects it. Please help. I want a permenant solution.
See more 

4 replies

Best answer
approved by Jean-François Pillou on Nov 29, 2018
Thank you
If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Ease of Access, and then click On-Screen Keyboard. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the slk (scroll lock) button.

Say "Thank you" 37

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 4474 users have said thank you to us this month

Awesome it still works thank you
Thank you - Worked a treat - Easy to follow instructions
Thank you very much
Thank you so much, it worked for me!!
Thank you!!!! Was driving BSC!!!! Appreciate it!!
Registration date
Sunday October 5, 2008
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2019
Thank you
Hello,

Have you tried using Scroll Lock?

It's a key which is near your left,right,up,down keys.

Thank you
This fix works for me with Samsung Ultrabook. If I mistakenly hit the [Fn Lock] key it changes the function of the arrow keys. Simply click on it again to reset. It's located on my keyboard between the [F12] and [Insert] keys. Fn Lock setting should be set to Off
Thank you
I have the same issue and it is NOT fixed with scroll lock. the arrow keys simply stopped working in Excel. They work in other programs.
kieferschild
Registration date
Sunday October 5, 2008
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2019
554 -