Remote TV apps for Android
Nowadays you no longer always need a physical remote to control your TV as your mobile device can handle everything you need if you can connect the devices using a third-party app.
How to control your TV using Google Home?
How not to talk about the famous and very reliable Google Home solution when it comes to casting and controlling content from another device. Google Home is way more than a remote app as it also allows you to cast content from almost any device to another device wired to Chromecast hardware.
- Buy and install Google Chromecast on your TV (recent models can have built-in Google Chromecast).
- Download and install Google Home on your Android device.
- Make sure your TV and your mobile or tablet are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open and run Google Home on your Android device and you are good to go.
How to control your TV using iMediaShare?
iMediaShare is a pretty reliable app that also allows you to control your TV remotely using your Android device.
The app supports internet-connected TVs by Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, LG & Philips, Xbox 360, Xbox One, DISH Hopper, Apple TV.
- Make sure your Smart TV and your mobile or tablet are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Download iMediaShare and install it on your Android device.
- Open and run iMedia Share on your Android device and click on the arrow to go.
- Your Smart TV will automatically be detected by the application and displayed on the screen.
- You can also log in to Facebook, watch videos on YouTube, and more!
any more questions about Android? check out our forum!