Opera is an internet software suite which handles internet based tasks like sending and receiving e-mails, display of websites, chatting, downloading and reading web feeds etc. Users need the option to restore web settings back to the default settings after making any changes. No option is provided in Opera settings to restore the default settings in Windows Vista/7. In order to reset to default settings you have to close the Opera browser and locate the settings file Operapref.ini and delete it. Restart your Opera browser and the file will be rebuilt and Opera is restored to its default settings.
After making a lot of changes you may decide you want to have your Opera
browser back as it was originally.
To reset the Opera profile, here's a simple tip.
Remember to back up all of the important data (bookmarks, password...etc) as everything will be lost.
- First of all you need to "Show/display the hidden files" for Windows 7
- Close Opera
- Go to C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\
- Locate and delete the Operapref.ini file
- Restart Opera and the file will be rebuilt
- Opera is back to the default settings (all customization is gone)
Published by jak58
Latest update on November 8, 2012 at 03:57 PM by Jeff.