With Opera (and most browsers) upon signing in on a website, your browser will automatically prompt you if you want to save these informations, for future use (auto-completion feature). To set a master password under Opera follow these steps.
How to activate the master password?
- Open Opera
- Menu>Settings>Preferences>Advanced Tab> Scroll to the Security section.
- Click on the Set Master Password button
- Enter your Password > Confirm it and click on the OK button.
- Now it still remains to define the frequency of use(in my case -Once per session)
How to protect your online account passwords?
A nice trick on Opera is that you have the "Remember choice for this page option", that is once you have saved the information to login to a certain website a simple CTRL + Enter, will be sufficient to login to online resources (no need to type anything). Sure it's handy, but that also means that anyone can login to your account from your PC, during your absence.
- Now it's time for the " Use master password to protect saved passwords" feature comes into play.
- Simply check this option in the security section to enable it (Ask for password will automatically switch to the " Every time needed" status).
- Here's an example of how it works, upon login an online resource using the CTRL + Enter key, here's what you shall get:
- How to lock opera browser with password
- Lock opera browser with password
- Opera master password
- Browser Lock > Download
- Opera browser language settings > Guide
- Opera browser torrent > Guide
- Forgot Folder Lock password [solved] > Forum - System software
- How to reset Opera browser: to default settings > Guide
- How to change download location Opera gx
- Opera mini desktop mode: on Android
- How to stop auto redirect in Opera
- Enable the Opera bookmarks bar
- Private tab Opera: browser, Android, mobile
- How to change default search engine: Opera
- How to make Opera as default browser: Windows, Mac, LInux
- Blocking content in Opera
- Block websites from accessing webcam and microphone in Opera
- How to block websites in Opera: ads blocker, trackers
- How to enable extensions in private mode in Opera