Skype - How to delete chat logs for individual contacts
Skype is undoubtedly one of the most popular chat program. In addition to free calls, you can send text messages and perform video calls.
However, when you want to clear a specific conversation on Skype, you will notice that the only solution is to clear the entire chat history
. How to delete the chat logs for individual contacts? Well, you will require a special software!
- Skype stores all text messages in a database file named as main.db.
- This file is stored in the user profile of the logged user.
- To access the content of the main.db file you need a special tool, such as SQLite Database Browser.
- Quit Skype.
- Start SQLite Database Browser.
- Click on the File menu > Open Database
- Browse to the main.db file ( C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Skype\Skype username).
- Open the main.db file and go to the Browse Data tab.
- Click on the Table field > Messages or Conversations.
- When deleting an entire conversation, refer to the identity field (name of contact)
- When deleting messages, refer to the body_xml field.
- Select a entry and click on the Delete Record button.
Published by jak58
Latest update on March 18, 2015 at 06:12 AM by jak58.