Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, with millions of videos uploaded to the Facebook-owned app every day. Continue reading to find out how you can download Instagram videos, stories and reels online or with an app.
To download an Instagram video, reel, or story using a Windows computer, open the video in your web browser and copy the URL of the page:
Next, right-click on the video and select the Save video as... option:
Choose the folder where you want to save the video, name it, and click Save:
This video will be downloaded in MP4 format, which can be played with VLC media player.
If you're using Windows 10, there is a new screen recording tool. Press Window + G at the same time and the recording program, Game DVR, will open. Although it was designed to record Xbox games, you can use it to capture whatever content you want.
Finally, if you have a Mac, press Shift + Command (⌘) + 5 at the same time to make all kinds of screenshots or record your computer screen and record videos.
In general, the popular apps work similarly. First, you must access Instagram and choose the content you want to download. If you press on the three dots that appear next to the image, you will see the Share the link option.
Copy the link to your clipboard and go to the download app you choose, then paste the link. Click on the Download, or similar option, and the image or video will be saved directly on your mobile. Simple as that!
Two neat apps to try are FastSave and SuperSave.
Need more help with Instagram? Check out our Forum!
- How to download instagram videos
- Download private instagram videos
- Instagram shorts download online
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free > Guide
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension > Guide
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free > Guide
- The best Telegram bots > Guide
- View the source code of a webpage: Safari, Chrome, Firefox > Guide
- View hidden Instagram Stories: anonymously, online
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2022
- Recover Instagram account: without password, using Facebook
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, request review
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- Instagram message request: not showing, seen, deleted
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2022, free, for iPhone
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2022
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2022, free
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Instagram algorithm: 2022, change, for reels, posts
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Making money on Instagram: 2022, live, reels, posts
- How to become an Instagram Influencer: 10 tips to succeed
- Block Instagram tags: in captions, comments, and stories