TikTok has recently added a new Q&A feature allowing content creators to respond to their audience with a message or video in the comments section. This article will show you how to add a video in your TikTok reply and enjoy this latest feature.
How to reply to a comment on TikTok?
Firstly, to simply reply to a comment, go to the comment section (the speech bubble with three dots in it on the left on the page).
In the comments section you can scroll through the comments that other viewers have left. Some of these comments will already have replies. To add your own reply to a comment, tap on the comment. A text box will appear, and you can write your reply. It should say Reply to (username).
When you are ready to send your reply, press the send button. The person that you are replying to will be notified of your reply to their comment.
How to reply to TikTok comment with video?
Now, it is possible to reply to a comment with a video and add some extra context, and depth to your video. Here’s how:
- Select the comment that you want to reply to with video.
Press the camera icon on the left side of the comment field, and begin to record your reply.
Once you have finished the video, attach the comment to your video as a sticker. By doing this, other users will see what comment you were replying to.
As you can see in this video, the initial comment is displayed at the top, and then the tag for who the reply is directed to is at the bottom right.
Once you have published the video, it will appear both in the comments section of your previous post, and also on your page as an entirely new video.
Note: There currently is no way of leaving a comment in a reply without it creating a new video on your page. So if you do not want your reply video to appear on your homepage, then it will be best to not to reply this way.
Who can reply to a comment with a video?
Currently, it would appear that this feature only works for the creator of the video. They can interact with their comments section and add a video in reply to a comment that has been left for them. If you are just replying to a comment on someone else's video then you cannot add a video in a reply.
Is it possible to reply to comment with a previous video?
No, unfortunately TikTok has not yet included a feature that allows you to reply to a comment with an existing video. Whatever video you post will be created and appear on your page.
- How to reply to a comment on tiktok
- Can’t see or reply to comments at my own posts > Forum - Instagram
- How to disable YouTube comments: on mobile, on PC > Guide
- How to turn off comments on Facebook > Guide
- I keep getting blocked from liking, commenting and following... > Forum - Instagram
- How to comment on a reply [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- The best TikTok LED strip lights
- Teen privacy restrictions on TikTok: duets, downloads
- How to create a new video on TikTok?
- How to upload a TikTok video from PC
- Recover TikTok account: with username, phone, without email
- How to duet on TikTok: with sound, celebrities
- The best TikTok alternatives in 2021
- Download your TikTok videos after the ban in India
- Open TikTok business account: features and cost
- Create an account on TikTok: on PC, cell phone, for business
- Use TikTok Family Pairing: features, QR code
- Manage your subscriptions on TikTok: search and subscribe
- Download TikTok videos: without watermark, on Pc, on iPhone
- How to get more followers and likes on TikTok?
- How to stream live videos on TikTok?