Here's a run-down on how to enable your cookie settings across various platforms and web browsers.
A cookie is a small data file stored on a user's hard disk which allows a web server to store information about a user, such as language preferences, location, and other interests. Enabling cookies makes it easier to browse the internet, allowing for a more fluid and tailored web experience.
How to enable cookies in Safari?
For both Mac and Windows, open the Preferences menu, and click on the Security tab. Click on Only from browsed sites to enable your cookie settings for visited sites.
How to enable cookies in Chrome?
- Click on the menu button found at the top-right corner of your browser toolbar.
- Select Settings and click Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll to the Privacy section, and click on the button for Content Settings.
- Go to the section labeled Cookies and check the option that reads, Allow local data storage.
How to enable cookies in Internet Explorer 11 (and older)?
Internet Explorer 5.x (Mac)
Open the Explorer menu and click on Preferences.
Scroll to the section labeled Cookies and open the drop-down list. Select the option labeled Never ask, and confirm by clicking OK.
Internet Explorer 6.x or 7.x (Windows)
Open your browser, and select Tools > Internet Options. Click on Privacy > Advanced.
Check the box that reads Override automatic cookie handling, and hit Accept for internal cookies and third-party cookies. Finally, check the option that reads, Always allow session cookies.
Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11
Click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. Under Settings, select allow all cookies. Click OK to save your new cookie settings.
How to enable cookies on iPhone?
- Open Settings.
- Select Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security settings.
- Switch Block All Cookies to OFF (it has to be white).
How to enable cookies on iPad?
Enabling cookies on iPad follows the same steps as for iPhone. To do so, refer to the previous section where we explain in detail how to enable this feature.
How to enable cookies on Mac?
If you want to enable cookies on Mac, it basically means that you have to enable them from Safari - if you want to do so, then scroll up to the top of our article where we talk about the steps to follow in order to access Safari's settings! If you use Firefox, Chrome, or even Opera, then we've got your back! Just check the summary of the present article - you'll find all the information you need.
How to enable cookies in Firefox (Windows/Mac)?
- Click Tools and select Options (Windows) or Preferences (Mac) and select Privacy.
- Under Conservation Rule, select Use custom settings for history and check Accept Cookies.
- Confirm your changes by clicking OK.
How to enable cookies on Android?
- Open Google Chrome for Android.
- Tap More and go to Settings.
- Select Site settings.
- You can now turn the cookies on.
How to enable cookies in Opera (Mac/Windows)?
- Open the Preferences menu, and click on the Privacy and Security tab.
- Scroll to the Cookies section, and select Allow local data creation.
How to enable cookies in SRWare Iron (Mac)?
- Select the Menu icon and go to Settings. Under Parameters, select Show Advanced Settings.
- Select Privacy and then Content settings. Scroll to the Cookies section to make your selection.
How to manage an exclusion list?
Using CCleaner, you can manage an exclusion list during periodic cleanings of temporary files. This will allow you to keep the cookies that you want.
- LG Smart TV (WebOS) - How to Change Your Default Search Provider
- Disable Cookies Being Stored on Your Xbox One
- How to Delete Cookies on PlayStation 4
- How To Clear Your Browsing Data on Your LG Smart TV
- You have 15 days left to enable facebook protect > Forum - Facebook
- Download videos for free: from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin
- Install a VPN: on router, Firestick, Samsung Smart TV
- Olympics 2021: watch Tokyo 2020 for free
- Shazam on computer: how to use it
- Sustainable gifts for Christmas: apps & websites
- Change the font: on Instagram, Facebook post, Twitter