Are you seeing the error message "connection failed after 4 retries" when loading Counter Strike Source of Steam? This article will show you how to fix the common issue.
Description of the Issue
Each time you try to connect to a server the game crashes after 10 minutes, and then again upon reconnection. Then you see the message: Connection failed after 4 retries.
How to Fix the Issue
- Start Steam
- Go to "My Games"
- Search CounterStrike: Source
- Make a right click "Properties"
- Go to "Set Launch Options ..."
- Copy this line "+clientport xxxxx" and if you want to keep the game console too use this line "+clientport xxxxx -console" [without the quotes]
- Select OK and Start the game
- Replace "xxxxx" by a TCP port that you will open on your ADSL Router.
Photo: Counter Strike