Like most of the modern web browsers out there, Microsoft Edge fully integrates tabbed browsing. How to open links in a new tab? How to re-open closed tabs? How to duplicate tabs? Here are some tips to use Microsoft Edge more efficiently.
Open a Link in a New Tab
To open a link in a new tab, simply right-click on the latter and select Open in new tab from the contextual menu:
Alternatively you can click on the desired link while holding the CTRL + Shift keys down.
Open a New Tab
You can either use the CTRL + T shortcut or click on the small + button in the Tab bar to open a new browser tab:
Reopen Closed Tabs
You have accidentally closed a browser tab? No worry, right-click on any opened tab and select Reopen closed tab or use the CTRL + Shift + T hotkey to achieve the same result:
Right-clicking on a tab displays a context menu with the following options: Reopen closed tab, Closed other tabs, Close tabs to the right, Refresh all tabs, Duplicate tab and Move tab to a new window.
Choose How Microsoft Edge Opens New Tabs
You can also configure Microsoft Edge to open your new tabs with Top sites and suggested content, Top sites only or using A blank page. The procedure is as follows: Click on the More Actions menu > Settings > Advanced Settings, click on the Open new tabs with menu and make your selection:
Some Keyboard Shortcuts
Here are some useful keyboard shortcuts to manage your tabs:
Ctrl+W: Close the current tab
Ctrl+Shift+Tab: Move to the previous tab
Ctrl+Tab: Move to next tab
- Microsoft edge open link in same tab
- Edge open link in same tab - Best answers
- Microsoft edge open link in new tab default - Best answers
- SeaMonkey - Always open links in new tab - How-To - SeaMonkey
- Edge open popup in new tab - How-To - Internet Explorer
- Galaxy tab - Open link in a new window - How-To - Hardware
- Messenger group link - Forum - Facebook
- 192.168.o.1.1 tp link ✓ - Forum - Network