If you want to have access to your extensions while using the incognito mode on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers, you can easily enable this option. Read on and follow the instructions provided in this article.
How to enable extensions when browsing in private mode on Edge?
Microsoft suggests switching to its newer software Microsoft Edge Chromium as the support for the Internet Explorer browser ended on June 14 of 2022.
- Click on the browser menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the Details button for the extension you would like to activate.
- Check the Allow privately checkbox.
- Update Edge for the changes to take effect.
How to enable toolbars and extensions when browsing in private mode on Explorer?
If you still use Internet Explorer, here is a guide on how to unable extensions in private mode in this browser:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab.
- Next, in the InPrivate section, clear the "Disable toolbars and extensions when InPrivate Browsing starts" checkbox.
- Click OK button to validate.