When working on your computer, you arrow keys may stop functioning, as in they no longer move up and down correctly. This problem can have a particularly frustrating effect in Microsoft Excel, no longer being able to properly enter data in Excel cells and worksheets. If you find that your keyboard arrow keys are no longer working properly, this article will help.
Fix Malfunctioning Arrow Keys
With Scroll Lock
- Check whether your SCROLL LOCK is ON.
- Just turn it off by pressing on the Scroll Lock button key on your keyboard!
Without Scroll Lock
- If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Ease of Access, and then click On-Screen Keyboard.
- When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the slk (scroll lock) button.
- Whilst the scroll lock will hopefully solve your problem, it's worth noting that the keyboard arrow keys may also have caught dust and need cleaning up to function better.