LG monitor stays in power saving mode help me [Solved/Closed]

-
Hello,

My LG monitor always switches on in Safe Mode. Help me switch it on in normal mode.

System Configuration: Mozilla Indeterminable
See more 

3 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Hi,

I had the same problem with my LG monitor and an Nvidia graphics card from Dell. I had to run a Dell recovery file from a boot CD. There is a list of instructions that I got from this link. And I found the Dell Recover file at this link. I followed the directions and it worked.

On a side note, the directions say to:
  • Shut down the computer.
  • Disconnect the power cables from both the monitor and the computer.
  • Disconnect the VGA cable, and reconnect the monitor to the computer via the DVI cable.
  • Press the power button for both the monitor and computer while unplugged to drain any remaining power.
  • Re-attach the power cables to both the monitor and the computer.

This process alone may have fixed the problem, but I ran the boot CD anyway to be safe. Try it and see.

Cheerz!

Say "Thank you" 72

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 6421 users have said thank you to us this month

your post was VERY helpful. Thank so much
Thanks! Just turning PC off and unplugging both monitors cables, even without draining remaining power off (I never read full instructions ☺) WORKED! so silly so simple, love it. Thank You Very Much!
wsiri
Registration date
Saturday February 16, 2019
Status
Last seen
February 16, 2019
-
Your answer supports my attempt. Just shut down the computer. Turn off the power of the computer and monitor then turn on. It works, and I don't know why, however, your answer supports my tries. Thanks.
Thank you for the solution... but isn't it just a bit ludicrous that we have to jump through all of these hoops just to run a second monitor off of a Thinkpad? I've not only lost a lot of time but a bit stressed out about the entire event. All I can say is that for all the hoopla, technology is still a long way from behaving as simply as a toaster oven! Imagine all of this mystery just to get a secondary monitor out of hibernation mode. Incroyable.
Thank you
I tried the reconnect the cable and ensure they were well seated, restarted the computer and it worked fine.
MOnte
Thank you
Thanks tons for this. My LG E2351 LED 23" external display for my macbook pro 17" was refusing to run at any resolution higher than 1440x900. I had somehow gotten it to 1920x1080 but when I unplugged my laptop, found myself stumped for 5 hours. Every time I would set display to 1920x1080, I would get the good old "D-SUB POWER SAVING MODE" message on the display. I tried turtle shell sleep / wake method and got it back briefly but then lost it again when laptop was opened. The directions that you posted got it straightened out on the first pass. Brought my gear from the US to Africa, and not like I can take it back to best buy or go shopping for different cables :)