1. open command prompt (cmd.exe)
2. type "diskpart"
3. type "list disk"
4. identify which one is your USB disk.
5. type "SELECT DISK n", where n is the number of your USB disk.
*** BE CAREFUL AT THIS PART. Selecting the wrong disk might delete your hard drives ****
6. type "clean", (you may need to repeat twice or thrice). If it doesn't work, don't proceed with the next instruction :-(
7. type "create partition primary"
8. type "select partition"
9. type "active"
10. type "format fs=ntfs"
Hello, an alternative solution to the above is to remove write protection in pendrive. You can do so by following these steps:
Start - Run -Regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Currentcontrolset\control\storatedevicepolicies
In right side you will be getting writeprotect option, just right click that and modify the value from 1 to 0.
1. Open Start -> Run...
2. type diskmgmt.msc and press enter
3. right click on the partitin you want to format (where the leter and size is)
4. select 'Delete Partition...' and confirm
5. right mose button in the same place and select 'Create partition'
6. select primary partition
6. select size, file forma, disk leter, label etc should be all right if you leave defaults.
7. click ok
This will recreat the partition and format it in proper way. Helped me and will help to most of you if you have problem with MBR.
I cant format my TDK 16GB, tried on the registry no go. When I tried the command the Flash will not show on list disk command, tried "list volume" command it sjows all the drives but when I select the right drive the error I get is "The Argument you specified for this command are not valid". How can I fix this! Pls help...