This article will teach you how to insert a tilde (~) on a Mac and Windows keyboards.
How to enter a tilde on Mac and Windows keyboards?
The keyboard shortcut for Tilde symbol is the same for both Windows and Mac: simply press Shift + `.
What are the alternative methods?
- Otherwise, you can just copy and paste the tilde symbol here ~.
- Also there is another shortcut on Windows: you can press the alt key and type the alt code of 126 on the numeric keypad.
- Alternatively, you can insert a tilde via the Character Map on Windows. To do so, click on Start and type Character Map in the Search tab. Click on it to open and select Advanced view to expand the dialog box. Type Low Line and then copy and paste the tilde sign into your document.
- Hotmail sign in
- Orkut sign in
- What are the steps to insert photo in word for resume
- We can’t sign you in right now. please try again in a while. > Forum - Messaging
- Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. please try signing in from the device you use most often. > Forum - Yahoo Mail
- How to insert brackets and curly braces on Mac keyboard?
- How to type the pipe character on Mac?
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: on Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android
- Type the π (pi) sign: in Excel, on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- QWERTY vs AZERTY keyboards: change layout, quickly switch
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word
- Disable foreign keyboard: on Windows, Mac, Chromebook
- Keyboard shortcuts to change language: on Windows, Mac
- Fix reversed Caps Lock key: on Windows, Mac
- A key types the wrong sign: how to fix?
- Shift key not working correctly: on Windows or Mac
- How to fix your keyboard typing numbers instead of letters?
- Fix keyboard using shortcuts: Windows 10/8/7
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop
- Write the At symbol (@) on laptop keyboard: Windows and Mac