Excel Forum - solved topics

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 1251 - 1300 of about 1,710
  • Solved
  • Excel: locate value in one list & copy Solved/Closed

Hello, I need some help with Exel. I have two lists: List one contains two coulmns: ID numbers and age. List two contains also two coulms: ID ...

Tut | Latest reply: Brad Oct 26, 2011
    3 replies
  • Data Reshuffling of Cells Solved/Closed

Hello, Dear Friends, I need your help to solve the following problem. I have few files containing data of more than 50,000 records. Some rec...

Aslam | Latest reply: Aslam Oct 25, 2011
    3 replies
  • Excel Macro copy to cell based on criteria Solved/Closed

hey everyone, I'm stuck. I hope someone can help me out today. I have an excel spreadsheet with 1400 rows. The first 3 rows are irrelevant (headi...

megamikeridge | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Oct 15, 2011
    6 replies
  • Excel VB script to notify/popup Solved/Closed

Hello, I want to have different cells in the worksheet have pop up messages/notifications when the date or deadline is reached. so when the 1 june 2...

dimi | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Oct 15, 2011
    12 replies
  • Excel Macro for deleting rows IF cells not... Solved/Closed

Hello, I need help to create a Excel macro. Basicly what I have is a sheet full with information about different departments and what I want to do...

elmaco | Latest reply: Jo Oct 12, 2011
    11 replies
  • Excel - Select Last 25 Records Solved/Closed

Hi I have a spreadsheet that is entered into daily a list of actions taken in a department. This needs to be printed weekly and displayed. Obviously t...

Wato89642b | Latest reply: TrowaD Oct 10, 2011
    1 reply
  • Excel - Removing different rows in 2 sheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I have two worksheets containing a different number of rows. I want to delete all rows in sheet 1 that have a value in column A that c...

Max | Latest reply: venkat1926 Oct 10, 2011
    4 replies
  • Compare columns and copy Solved/Closed

Hello, I need a Macro to do next : i have 2 sheets Sheet1 and Sheet2. In Sheet1 column A has a variable range of values i.e. A2 : A... Column B is e...

danparaianu | Latest reply: danparaianu Oct 9, 2011
    2 replies
  • Creation of dropdown from dynamic list in VBA Solved/Closed

Hello, I have been trying to make a Macro that can create a dropdown list from a dynamic list in column A. So far I've come up with the followin...

Kasper | Latest reply: Kasper Oct 7, 2011
    3 replies
  • Avg multiple cells in multiple sheets - Excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I need to average multiple cells across multiple sheets, but not all are in the same column/number. I need to average B35,D35,F35 in Sheet 1...

FarmersDaugh... | Latest reply: FarmersDaughter1680 Oct 6, 2011
    2 replies
  • Macro to insert data to changing cells Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to write a macro in excel for inserting input text to a specified cell. I have already an InputBox specifying the text to be put...

Kasper | Latest reply: Kasper Oct 5, 2011
    2 replies
  • Excel Merge Text files Solved/Closed

Dear Forum Members, As I am not a VB expert I have copied some codes and edited to suit for my purpose. My idea is to combine many .pyc files in a f...

madambath | Latest reply: madambath Oct 4, 2011
    8 replies
  • Compare two excel Columns of differant size Solved/Closed

Hello, i am having two excel columns of differant size..Both the columns contain mobile numbers..i have columns A containing all the mobile numbe...

Tushar | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Sep 30, 2011
    6 replies
  • Copy paste rows in Excel across worksheets Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to create an excel macro that will copy a sequence of rows from 2 different worksheets and paste them in a third worksheet using t...

LBlanco | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Sep 28, 2011
    3 replies
  • Excel if Formula text vs numbers Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to run an If formula that if the cell range contain text then use Counta but if cells contain number use Sum. At present I'm us...

NW | Latest reply: NW Sep 25, 2011
    2 replies
  • seach for all worksheet and copy the name Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to see if anyone can help me with this, I do have a master excel file that get info from other excel files, currently I have to d...

cy | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Sep 23, 2011
    8 replies
  • MS Excel 2007 - Quick Function Question Solved/Closed

Hi Guys, So say you have 3 cells. A, B, and C. I'm trying to come up with a function to put in C that erases/blanks A if B is #N/A (IsError?). Can ...

Gessen | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Sep 23, 2011
    2 replies
  • Copy and Paste certain columns based on dates Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to create a macro that will look at a list of dates in column B then copy and paste the data in column C and D to another sheet...

jones835 | Latest reply: jones835 Sep 13, 2011
    5 replies
  • Hide Columns Solved/Closed

Hello, I recorded a macro to hide some columns (says, column M to O). However, when I tried to run the macro again, the macro hide all the columns f...

wliang | Latest reply: venkat1926 Aug 23, 2011
    1 reply
  • Transfer of excel data from a row to another Solved/Closed

Hello, I have this excel sheet with numerous rows having columns A,B,C,D &E.column A is numbers & other columns hav data in text.I want to transfer...

vinay | Latest reply: RWomanizer Aug 18, 2011
    15 replies
  • Macro to Copy and Paste Solved/Closed

Hello, I would greatly appreciate any assistance with creating an Excel macro that will copy information from cells A1, B11:D11, A13, B23:D23, et...

sholly64 | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Aug 16, 2011
    5 replies
  • How to Pull content from 4 cells to 1 cell Solved/Closed

Hello, How can I pull content from 4 cells to I Cell in a specific format so that I have it displayed like this: sm=12.00/W123/F456,MD=13.00/W456/...

Maria | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 11, 2011
    1 reply
  • VBA 2010 Open files in current folder loop Solved/Closed

Hello there, Think this is a relatively simple code and I've found examples but can't quite piece it all together to do what I want to do. I want t...

whitepanther | Latest reply: whitepanther Aug 10, 2011
    20 replies
  • VBA locate & delete words within a sentence Solved/Closed

Hello, I know this is probably very easy but I'm having trouble figuring it out. I'm trying to find a code that will identify key words within a s...

whitepanther | Latest reply: whitepanther Aug 7, 2011
    7 replies
  • releasing filter before running a macro Solved/Closed

Hello, dear all friends, good morning. I have an invoice template in a worksheet in excel 2007.. By clicking two buttons ,I will be able to store ...

suryam | Latest reply: suryam Aug 3, 2011
    2 replies
  • Highlight Rows with Conditions met Solved/Closed

Hello Friends, I desperately need a macro to Highlight /or separate rows when specific conditions met. sample file enclosed. Link http://www.spe...

PMARI | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Aug 2, 2011
    7 replies
  • Sharepoint link to Excel via a cell variable Solved/Closed

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7.0Hello, Wonder if any of you gurus can help with the following, as it has got me totall...

Dave122 | Latest reply: Dave122 Jul 29, 2011
    38 replies
  • Remove "Calculate" from Excel. Solved/Closed

Hello, When opening a saved sheet with data in excel,I get to see "calculate" mentioned on the bottom left. The problem is when this "calculate" i...

lonova78 | Latest reply: raj Jul 28, 2011
    3 replies
  • Excel/VBA 2010 Continue with Macro Solved/Closed

Hello, Just a quick question I've got a Macro that runs perfectly except there are two times while it runs where it stops and asks you to click Ok...

whitepanther | Latest reply: RWomanizer Jul 26, 2011
    3 replies
  • VBA Conditional Formatting Excel 03 Solved/Closed

Hello, How can i apply a conditional format on a certain cell but with the condition in a different cell. F.e. if a cell in range C1:D5 (f.e. C...

Keldt | Latest reply: TrowaD Jul 22, 2011
    1 reply
  • Excel 2007 - macros Solved/Closed

Hello, I need to write a macro for following example. Item Qty c 2 B 2 b 6 C 5 c 5 a 2 Basically I want to group by Column A (i....

Regina | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jul 15, 2011
    4 replies
  • Highlighting and copying in Excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I am just starting on visual basic and would like to record a macro whereas, once I have pressed play, Excel will select a cell 12 rows dow...

DannyBoy | Latest reply: DannyBoy Jul 11, 2011
    2 replies
  • printing excel sheet with jumbled columns Solved/Closed

Hello, Dear all, I have a typical question. I have a work sheet in excel 2007 with some headers in columns from C8 to N8 the columns C to F have t...

suryam | Latest reply: suryam Jul 11, 2011
    2 replies
  • Excel Office2007 macro Solved/Closed

Hello, I writting a macro to clean up the format of a report down loaded into excel. I'm stuff on on section. I have filter column A for blank cell...

SOS | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jul 6, 2011
    3 replies
  • EXCEL - Cells formatted as NUMER PESEL ??? Solved/Closed

Hello, Firstly, just a quick one: I want to use conditional formatting to check if a cell ( say A1) has a red background and if it does then re...

XLR8R | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jul 5, 2011
    5 replies
  • deleting and combining rows in excel with con Solved/Closed

Hello, I hope someone knows the answer: I have simple table Column A: item # Column B: text example: Item # Text 2 text 1 2 t...

archie9999 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jul 5, 2011
    3 replies
  • Split Worksheet Solved/Closed

Hello, Is it possible to Split one worksheet to different workbooks( files). I am having a statement to be send to 10 branch offices. sample...

PMARI | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jul 2, 2011
    5 replies
  • partial match multi-sheet comparison Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to compare a manufacture's part number in a spread sheet with a spreadsheet that we have to match these part numbers to their U...

LostIntern | Latest reply: RWomanizer Jun 29, 2011
    5 replies
  • Inserting/Copy rows, Transpose vba HELP Solved/Closed

Hello, I have searched through many posts and it appeard everyone is very helpful. My skills in vba are ok but i lack the knowledge to solve my prob...

cswiss | Latest reply: shameem007 Jun 23, 2011
    9 replies
  • Merge rows if it meets criteria in Excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I would like to know if I can merge rows if it meets certain criteria in Excel. If Project ID on column A is matched, it will merge all the ...

cacaip89 | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jun 21, 2011
    6 replies
  • Conditionally deleting rows in excel 2007 Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with this. I have a spreadsheet where column A is a project name then columns B, C and D a...

Alta | Latest reply: aquarelle Jun 20, 2011
    5 replies
  • Webpage to excel Solved/Closed

Hello, Could you please help me in downloading data's from a web page to an excel. If that web page has multiple pages ( 1,2,3,4.... ), i want all ...

priyaa | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 17, 2011
    1 reply
  • formula: to count cells and then add number. Solved/Closed

Hello, All Hope you can help! I have a list of actions 1 Contacts 2 Appointments 3 Estimates 4 Sales contacts counts as 1 contact,...

Stormdronk | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jun 14, 2011
    3 replies
  • Needed a VBA. Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm very new to progamming kind of stuff... i need to generate a report from a excel sheet. Coloumn Q of "data" sheet has only 0 or 1, whi...

doss | Latest reply: rizvisa1 Jun 13, 2011
    6 replies
  • Excel "if" for letters to equal values Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a yes or no sheet, one column for yes and one column for no. I want the end column to calculate a 1 for yes, and 0 for no, and in s...

Charles | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 9, 2011
    1 reply
  • Simple Excel Formula Help Solved/Closed

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6.17 Hey guys I'm doing some project on Excel for a class. When it comes to entering and crea...

Spoola | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 6, 2011
    1 reply
  • Excel name match query Solved/Closed

Hi I have a column (A) in excel that lists all of the staff in an organisation, and in column B is their telephone number. In column C is a list o...

sarah | Latest reply: Guest user Jun 1, 2011
    5 replies
  • Split data into multiple sheets using macro Solved/Closed

Hello, Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 4.0 I have an excel sheet with the data in following manner. a b c d 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 ...

Suhas | Latest reply: rizvisa1 May 31, 2011
    16 replies
  • Excel Macro Help. Solved/Closed

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me develop a macro that would reference a row in another worksheet. So for example if Column H = "x" in ...

Felicity86 | Latest reply: TrowaD May 27, 2011
    7 replies
  • Excel macro to identify/modify/combine cells Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a collection of survey results in Excel that are coded from another software that I need to prepare to put in SPSS, the results come...

Kate | Latest reply: TrowaD May 27, 2011
    3 replies