Excel Forum - solved topics

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 901 - 950 of about 1,710
  • Solved
  • Need Formula for automatic date update in same cell Solved/Closed

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of a formula that would allow excel to change a date in a cell automatically once a certain date had passed?...

Matrix1000 | Latest reply: Osama_bb11 Jun 13, 2014
    5 replies
  • Creating a Macro to Find Text and Then Merge Cells Solved/Closed

Hi- I need some help with creating a macro. I haven't been able to get it to record correctly and I am completely illiterate in Visual Basic. ...

katie215 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 2, 2014
    6 replies
  • Bold Text Solved/Closed

Hello Sir, I required the macro to bold some specific text in cell like: Below mentioned formula is written in cell ="We are enclosing herew...

Game Start Now | Latest reply: TrowaD May 27, 2014
    1 reply
  • need vba Code to Transfer Data from Sheet3 to Row1 of Sheet2? Solved/Closed

Hi dears, I need a VBA Code which can transfer the LAST ROW's (ie 15 or 29 or may be any other) Data of Sheet 3 to ROW 2 of Sheet 2 . Reason to Trans...

hmk950 | Latest reply: hmk950 May 24, 2014
    2 replies
  • Split data into several rows of same data Solved/Closed

Hello, I would like to split a row of data into several rows of same data in MS Excel. For example, I have an item with standard packing size of 100p...

wliang | Latest reply: emily1214 May 19, 2014
    25 replies
  • How to count number of cells dated this week? or next week? Solved/Closed

I've got lots of cells with dates. I want to know how many are THIS WEEK and NEXT WEEK. I'm not sure how to do it... Help would be appreciated...

doublewitt | Latest reply: doublewitt May 19, 2014
    2 replies
  • Date counting with user inputs Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm looking for a date counting formula between two dates, where the user defines the total number of days, and Excel will tell them which ...

Plastic_Cup_... | Latest reply: Plastic_Cup_of_Stars May 15, 2014
    3 replies
  • Create file xls based on colums & populate data with criteria Solved/Closed

Hi, I need a macro that create some new file (txt or xls it doesen't matter) starting from an existing xls. The existing xls named "Arretrati" h...

Steveryde | Latest reply: Steveryde May 14, 2014
    4 replies
  • auto filling bill number and date Solved/Closed

hi i need a macro for my office use the condition is like this sheat one input ...

jowelvjoy | Latest reply: jowelvjoy May 7, 2014
    16 replies
  • How to insert multiple conditions in a formula? Solved/Closed

I have 2 cells, and I proceed like this with a formula and basically, if cell A2 meets a condition, then cell B4 shows the word "Good" =IF(A2>=100...

doublewitt | Latest reply: doublewitt May 4, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel - Shortcut key print preview Solved/Closed

Hello, What is the short cut in excel 2003 for print preview. Please give me solution. Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6

CHITTI | Latest reply: Hafiz Pakistani May 4, 2014
    12 replies
  • Insert word in cell based on value in another cell? Solved/Closed

CONDITIONAL FORMATTING for cell A2: if value in cell C3 is > than 500, then insert word "alert" in cell A2 what would the formula look like? I ...

doublewitt | Latest reply: doublewitt May 1, 2014
    2 replies
  • Round UP Formula for TIME Solved/Closed

Hi All. I need an excel macro to populate a cell with a time slot based on the previous column which is a datetime value. e.g. if column A is 1-Apr-...

ravibangera | Latest reply: ravibangera May 1, 2014
    2 replies
  • The value of a name Solved/Closed

Hello, I've been playing a lot of dark souls 2, and I'm trying to make a spread sheet to have the value for armor (to start). I plan on making ...

Derrall | Latest reply: Derrall Apr 29, 2014
    2 replies
  • Can the formula COUNTA / COUNT exclude 0 values? Solved/Closed

If I use COUNT or COUNTA, what can I include in the formula to exclude zero values? Thanks for any tips

doublewitt | Latest reply: doublewitt Apr 28, 2014
    2 replies
  • Transfer data into Invoice Solved/Closed

So I've put hours and hours into this with no avail. Here's my situation...I have on "Sheet 1" a list of materials which could potentially be used dur...

semperfi90 | Latest reply: semperfi90 Apr 28, 2014
    10 replies
  • Inserting a row when the value of a field changes Solved/Closed

I was using this code as a start but can't seem to mak it do exactly what I want. Sub InsertRows() Dim r As Long, mcol As String, i As Long '...

kkautz | Latest reply: KKautz Apr 28, 2014
    2 replies
  • Format cell color based on date range Solved/Closed

Hi, this is my first post. I'm glad to be a member of this forum. Based on conditional formatting, how can I select a cell and have the backgroun...

doublewitt | Latest reply: doublewitt Apr 27, 2014
    4 replies
  • Filtering data from 1 sheet to another Solved/Closed

Hello, I have the following problem. Kindly help me with the same: Problem statement: I have data pertaining to projects, milestones and tasks ...

mmtmacros | Latest reply: mmtmacros Apr 24, 2014
    2 replies
  • To show blank record when no data while copying Solved/Closed

Hello, I have three sheets sheet1(Active) ,Sheet 2(Inactive) and Sheet3(Total). I have written code which would copy data from Active sheet ,th...

AK | Latest reply: venkat1926 Apr 22, 2014
    4 replies
  • add value to one cell if multiple other cells have any value Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to create a spreadsheet where: if A1 has any value, 10 is added to the total sum in G1 if B1 has any value, 20 is added to t...

alonsy | Latest reply: alonsy Apr 21, 2014
    11 replies
  • Conditional formatting for cells depending on other cells ranges Solved/Closed

First off, I am not even sure if i worded my question correctly, so sorry if i have. What i want to do is... have for cells b4:b7 to have on green ce...

Derrall | Latest reply: Derrall Apr 16, 2014
    3 replies
  • How to see if a particular cell in a table has date data or not Solved/Closed

Hello, I am preparing a tracking tool to measure the life of an item. The table has Installation No Date 1 ...

vinaymaithani | Latest reply: vinaymaithani Apr 16, 2014
    4 replies
  • Highlight the linked cell depends on drop-down list choice Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a question. Let say I have a table containing number 1,2,3,4 and 5 in A1:A5. In another worksheet, I have "Student" in A1 and "Asses...

Natasya | Latest reply: Natasyamn Apr 14, 2014
    2 replies
  • Conditional Formatting: Merged cell color Solved/Closed

Hi, This is probably an easy solution but for the life of me cannot get this to work. I have a situation whereby I have a line of information th...

Ricky588 | Latest reply: ricky588 Apr 14, 2014
    2 replies
  • compare three columns contain same characters Solved/Closed

I have three columns of form security access in an application for different classes. The security characters may be in any order. I need to compare...

sspenguin | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 11, 2014
    5 replies
  • Excel: Partial Matches in 2 Different Cells Solved/Closed

Hello, I've been mulling over this all afternoon and need some help. Here is what my sheet looks like: K L 3 ...

kaiwalls04 | Latest reply: kaiwalls04 Apr 10, 2014
    2 replies
  • determine percentage via formula Solved/Closed

Hello, can anyone help me determine a formula that will give me a percentage? If N11 is 2500 and I11 is 84, I need a formula that will help me determi...

kaiwalls04 | Latest reply: kaiwalls04 Apr 8, 2014
    3 replies
  • two values to find on the same cell Solved/Closed

Hi, Can the below be shorten up? It's basically to count if "dr" or "ba" are in cell E2180; =IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("(dr)",E2180)),"1",IF(ISNUMBER(SEA...

jutulu | Latest reply: jutulu Apr 7, 2014
    2 replies
  • Macro to delete row after certain condition found Solved/Closed

Hello, I am an Excel newbie; I am trying to write an Excel macro that will search a certain column to find a blank value. It would then delete the...

wendelly | Latest reply: wendelly Apr 4, 2014
    6 replies
  • if then (text or no text) Solved/Closed

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. I would like to create a formula that says this: if a certain cell contains ANY text, then write "6.2"...

hikkup | Latest reply: hikkup Apr 4, 2014
    4 replies
  • connect two worksheets together Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to connect two worksheets together. If text found in one cell in sheet1, make the same cell on sheet2 different color. Ther...

rookie | Latest reply: rookie Apr 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • Conditional Formatting: Highlight cells based on two values Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a merged cell (C5-N5) that I want to change the fill color, based on the combined input of two cell values. I'll just call it "C5" f...

Plastic_Cup_... | Latest reply: Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Apr 2, 2014
    2 replies
  • Lining up group of cell values in Excel 2007 Solved/Closed

Hi I have two group of cells D6 to D8 and other G12 to G15 Need a code with two conditions that can line up the details of the mentioned cells in ...

PPattni | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 31, 2014
    7 replies
  • EXCEL Solved/Closed

Hello i want to know how to convert date into words(english & HINDI) in excel 2003 or 2007 for eg. 22.04.2010 - convert it into Twenty Two April...

VIJAY RANWA | Latest reply: JasminBarby Mar 31, 2014
    2 replies
  • IF DATE Multiple conditions Solved/Closed

Hello, I need help with rewriting this code: =IF(A1DATE(2017,12,31),"2", IF(A1>DATE(2020,12,31), "1"))) I'm trying to categorize those date ...

beejive | Latest reply: beejive Mar 27, 2014
    2 replies
  • Fill data according to other sheet's data Solved/Closed

I have a sheet1 like this: r1 text1 text 1 r2 text1 textx 2 r2 text1 textx 0 r3 text2 texty 1 r4 text2 textz 1 r5 text2 textx 3 r6 text2 text...

Migas.pt | Latest reply: Migas.pt Mar 20, 2014
    6 replies
  • excel-create a compounding interest calculater Solved/Closed

I want to work out the after three months dates between two dates ex: 01/03/2013 as the starting date and today date as the last date.

deodatta | Latest reply: deodatta Mar 16, 2014
    0 replies
  • Duplicate rows based on cell value Solved/Closed

Hi, Can somebody help me out with this. I want to duplicate rows based on input in a cell. can it be done in VB or macro or formula array? User wi...

fireburn | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 13, 2014
    16 replies
  • excel payroll work Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm using Excel to do payroll system. e.g. I create worksheet that showing data as below table :- basic more than 0.01 less tha...

Winndixie | Latest reply: Winndixie Mar 12, 2014
    4 replies
  • Excel formular Solved/Closed

Hello Sir, Can you let me know the formula in Excel: I have a table as below: 1 A B ...

VeasnaYim | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 11, 2014
    9 replies
  • excel greater or less than Solved/Closed

Hi all, I'm having a problem that with multi counting with less than, eg. case 1: A1 = 1000 (total revenue) B1 = 3% (rebate) C1 = 2000 (free ...

Winndixie | Latest reply: Winndixie Mar 10, 2014
    2 replies
  • Create worksheet based on lists & populate data from another... Solved/Closed

Hello, I've been recently working on trying to create a fairly large excel workbook & trying to automatically populate sheets inside of it. I h...

harvdog13 | Latest reply: sv2bnv Mar 10, 2014
    5 replies
  • conditional formatting Solved/Closed

hello I did a table in Excel ( its a vacation tracker) I'll give you an example for what i'm trying to do Ex : my vacation starts from 15-mar ...

taghreed alm... | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Mar 10, 2014
    9 replies
  • Search column B for matching value from a row in column A .... Solved/Closed

Search column B for matching value from a row in column A and populate D with the value that is in the matching row of B that was in column C, ie XYZ ...

pkmyta | Latest reply: ac3mark Mar 7, 2014
    10 replies
  • Compare Column A to Column B and return Column C Solved/Closed

Hello, I have spreadsheet with names in Column A, phone numbers in Column B. Column C has the same names in different order. How can I ha...

ad1959 | Latest reply: ad1959 Mar 6, 2014
    2 replies
  • Copying data from one sheet to another conditionally Solved/Closed

Hi gang, I have a spreadsheet with columns A thru H being populated with text. I need to copy columns A thru H from spreadsheet 1 to spreadsheet 2 i...

sorceres13 | Latest reply: sorceres13 Mar 5, 2014
    2 replies
  • highlight row on one sheet if a number matches on another sheet Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs. I am trying to figure out how to get a row to highlight on the tab called "Directory" if a number in ...

jingles9 | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 4, 2014
    10 replies
  • How to define specific format for number? Solved/Closed

Hi, I would like to define specific format in excel. For example, if I type 123456789 and hit Enter, it should be 123-456-789 or 123-45-6789 autom...

ugn10 | Latest reply: ugn10 Mar 4, 2014
    5 replies
  • If statement using date to change row colour Solved/Closed

I have a sheet with the following header row: Reference Client MAWB / BoL Date logged Date completed Days to resolve Logged by Caller type Error ar...

Z Kindo | Latest reply: Z Kindo Mar 3, 2014
    2 replies