Excel Forum - solved topics

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 851 - 900 of about 1,710
  • Solved
  • How to format cells based on the text in another cell Solved/Closed

Help me! I'm trying to conditionally format multiple cells based on different texts entered in another. For example: I have selected certain cells to...

Tillda | Latest reply: Tillda Oct 31, 2014
    2 replies
  • Insert/Remove photos depending up on ref. cell value changing Solved/Closed

Hello, I designed a Student Profile in excel using LOOKUP function. In this profile, near the Student Name title I created one drop down list of stu...

jinoob | Latest reply: KALEEM Oct 29, 2014
    9 replies
  • Excel VBA copy and paste loop with logic condition Solved/Closed

Hi, I am new to VBA and would appreciate some help with a problem I am trying to solve. I would like a macro that is able to copy information f...

Yogibearv | Latest reply: Yogibearv Oct 28, 2014
    6 replies
  • Excel workbook with two sheets Solved/Closed

Hi, i have an Excel workbook with two sheets and when i enter data in sheet #1 it automatically goes to sheet # 2. How on earth can i stop this fro...

ibraun | Latest reply: ibraun Oct 28, 2014
    2 replies
  • Auto Transfer of a filtered item to a different sheet. Solved/Closed

Hello everyone, I would like to ask for some help regarding some EXEL problems. Example: I want some data from sheet1 E columns to transfer to...

Mymyname | Latest reply: Mymyname Oct 23, 2014
    6 replies
  • Excel 2007 Using vlookup function in VBA Solved/Closed

I have a list of name and employee number in sheet 1 in column a and b.. Then what i want is to by simply typing the employee number in sheet 2 column...

gsyrill | Latest reply: gsyrill Oct 15, 2014
    2 replies
  • format a cell with a comment based on a comment in another cell Solved/Closed

Hi, I need to format a cell with a comment based on a comment in another cell. So cell A1 might ask a question like is the window clean? B2 will...

stevo5355 | Latest reply: stevo Oct 12, 2014
    2 replies
  • Macro to copy paste without having all the source books opened Solved/Closed

Hello Kioskea users. I hope you're all doing great. Today I have a concern that I'm not able to figure out. Any help will be really appreciated. I...

fabianchpe | Latest reply: fabianchpe Oct 12, 2014
    2 replies
  • how to convert Date to word in excel Solved/Closed

how to convert Date to word in excel e.g. 05/01/1992 to change Five January, Ninteen Ninty two

maheshprajap... | Latest reply: carminabigue Oct 6, 2014
    1 reply
  • Automatically transfer data from one sheet to another Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Sheet 1 has about 400 line items. I would like to be able to select certain line items on Sheet 1 and ...

sunny49er | Latest reply: TrowaD Oct 6, 2014
    22 replies
  • Calculate Total Total Hours Per Client Solved/Closed

Hi, I have a spreadsheet in which employyees time are entered on a daily basis along with the client they worked for. The spreadsheet calculates ...

ad1959 | Latest reply: ad1959 Oct 3, 2014
    5 replies
  • How to count date cells for monday of this week Solved/Closed

Hello, I would like to count the number of cells with date = to MONDAY of this current week and also MONDAY of the following week within a defined...

doublewitt | Latest reply: doublewitt Sep 29, 2014
    4 replies
  • Auto generate the seller sales report Solved/Closed

Hi! I create a sales report and I set up total 6 worksheet Worksheet 1 I named it Price list ... is a Data for my sales report. and I set a co...

Winndixie | Latest reply: Winndixie Sep 26, 2014
    8 replies
  • Formula to increment date by seven days. Solved/Closed

Hello Everyone, In a work sheet, I have an invoice date (say column A) and a due date (say column H) with the due date being seven days after the ...

vcoolio | Latest reply: vcoolio Sep 26, 2014
    2 replies
  • Automatically transfering rows from one sheet to another Solved/Closed

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I've created a spreadsheet to track all contracts complied within our department. I have a "Contract Sta...

madi9749 | Latest reply: madi9749 Sep 26, 2014
    4 replies
  • IF function with Date addition Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm having trouble finding an answer as to how I can add 5 more days in my condition. I have 4 columns: one for an Order date (A2)...

garycrant | Latest reply: garycrant Sep 25, 2014
    4 replies
  • Dealing with 'Today()' formula in Excel VBA code Solved/Closed

Hi Everyone, I have this VBA code in a Excel sheet (specifically in the Module) which does the following: - finds the empty cell in range "B:B" -...

masinyaka | Latest reply: masinyaka Sep 25, 2014
    4 replies
  • Excel > Macro for Defined Range Dates Solved/Closed

Hello, I've a question that I have starting date in Column "E3" Sheet 1 and ending date in Column "F3" Sheet 1. I want a macro that insert dates i...

Game Start Now | Latest reply: Game Start Now Sep 23, 2014
    13 replies
  • How to copy data based on criteria met Solved/Closed

Help! I am totally stuck and this is probably a very simple fix. I have two sheets "Priority Accounts" and "ACN Dashboard". I need to move data i...

katcrisjul | Latest reply: TrowaD Sep 22, 2014
    12 replies
  • Excel 2010 VBA Date Formula Solved/Closed

Hi, I am trying to get a formula setup so when you click on a cell in excel it automatically enters the date. I am using the formula below which wo...

Oz_Dex | Latest reply: dave Sep 17, 2014
    3 replies
  • Copy values in row to columns in spaces Solved/Closed

Hello, I am a beginner in VBA, and would mcuh appreciate some guidance on transposing data in a row to a column via VBA. My row data is as foll...

LearnVBA | Latest reply: LearnVBA Sep 16, 2014
    4 replies
  • Conditional Formatting Solved/Closed

Suppose I have date in Column A (from A1 to A100) and in Column B (from B1 to B100), Both data are numerical. If the data in Column A is greater than...

tareqnaser95 | Latest reply: Osama_bb11 Sep 10, 2014
    2 replies
  • Specific data from one worbook to another (Excel 2010). Solved/Closed

Hello there, I have two workbooks, one is an accounting spread sheet (named Cash Book) and the other has an Invoice Template (sheet 1) and Invoice...

vcoolio | Latest reply: vcoolio Sep 9, 2014
    29 replies
  • excel 2007 custom filter problem Solved/Closed

Hello, I have been using Excel 2003 to sort phone numbers easily, using the custom filter and 'begins with' for example on numbers starting with 123. ...

h4 | Latest reply: mark Sep 8, 2014
    6 replies
  • time calculation Solved/Closed

Hello, dear all please I need a help for formula to calculate the duration ( hours ) between two dates for example : A1 ---> 1-8-2014 1...

Osama_bb11 | Latest reply: Osama_bb11 Sep 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • formula that i can get a total for D7, if D7= D4 + (C6*D7) Solved/Closed

$1,613.00 (Cell D4) (C6) Hours ___ $175.00 (D6) TOTAL (D7) Can any one tell me a formula that i can get a total for D7, if D7= D4 + (C...

dmadden | Latest reply: dmadden Aug 29, 2014
    2 replies
  • If -Then formula needed please... before I head to the roof Solved/Closed

Using Excel 2007, I need a formula to do the following: if the date shown in a cell is 1/31/14, display 'monthly activity - january, or if the date...

hotpeppermom | Latest reply: hotpeppermom Aug 22, 2014
    4 replies
  • Extraction of Excel data by using an Excel column parameter Solved/Closed

Hi, I have a problem in extracting information from an Excel Sheet 1 (entire database), by using an Excel column parameter (Model No) in Sheet 2. S...

strikewind | Latest reply: strikewind Aug 21, 2014
    5 replies
  • Excel Golf Skins Sheet Solved/Closed

I need a micro that will highlight the cell with the lowest unique value in each individual column. It would not highlight anything if there were m...

agw2010 | Latest reply: agw2010 Aug 18, 2014
    2 replies
  • VB script to notify/popup Solved/Closed

I was having a difficulty in notifying my co-worker to print all the sheets on a workbook. I a thinking if it's possible to have an pop-up message to ...

Sammysen | Latest reply: Sammysen Aug 14, 2014
    10 replies
  • lookuk a value in 2 columns and get value of third (help) Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a question I need to lookup a value of col A1 of sheet 1 in col A of sheet 2 and if it matches it gets the corresponding value ...

sharifa6869 | Latest reply: sharifa6869 Aug 12, 2014
    2 replies
  • Remove duplicated data Solved/Closed

Hi, How do I remove duplicated data from 3 different worksheets in excel ? Like I have a column of client names on each worksheets. I need to com...

SherlynPeh | Latest reply: SherlynPeh Aug 11, 2014
    5 replies
  • Automation of pie chart using the values in excel Solved/Closed

Hi, Anybody knows how to convert values into pie chart using macros instead of the insert function? Thanks!

SherlynPeh | Latest reply: TrowaD Aug 11, 2014
    4 replies
  • Transferring Selected Data from Multiple Worksheets to One Solved/Closed

My team uses an excel to track our projects. We have many tabs (8) , but on each tab on Column A, we have a drop down menu that we can select if it's ...

cpogata | Latest reply: cpogata Aug 5, 2014
    10 replies
  • locking a range based on a value of a cell Solved/Closed

Hello, first I would like to thank every one working at kioskea my issue is , I want to lock a set of cells ( A2:M2) if the cell M2="app" and ...

Osama_bb11 | Latest reply: Osama_bb11 Aug 4, 2014
    4 replies
  • require help to count number Solved/Closed

1652 1646 1650 1658 1622 1651 1659 1582 1599 1606 1611 1657 1745 1937 1936 1648 1666 1656 1636 if i type like this in diffrence cel...

ebrahimrta2489 | Latest reply: ebrahimrta Aug 4, 2014
    2 replies
  • Grater then , less then with number range multiple Solved/Closed

if the numbers cell A110 means the cell B1 have to calculate the C1 cell and if A1 20 means the cell D1 have to calculate ...... please let clear...

najustar72 | Latest reply: najustar72 Aug 3, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel "If Then" Formula Solved/Closed

I am looking to create a "If Then" formula for Excel that can put an "X" in the cell if the date I am reffering to (Cell A6) is 0-5 days, next cell 6-...

jessica2991 | Latest reply: jessica2991 Jul 30, 2014
    6 replies
  • Need help comparing dates... Solved/Closed

I have dates in one column, I want to enter a $0 value in another column if that date is >= 5 years in the past. Obviously, I'm a relative newbie with...

l_gavacho | Latest reply: Mazzaropi Jul 28, 2014
    3 replies
  • Automate Excel to shift data so the values in two rows match? Solved/Closed

Hello! Please help me with this quandary for my internship. I would greatly appreciate it :) Here is my problem: I want to match ID numbers in two co...

excellenthelp | Latest reply: excellenthelp Jul 22, 2014
    5 replies
  • Copy X Row N Number of Times Solved/Closed

Hi. I need the formula to Copy X Row N No.of Times. For Example Col 1 Col 2 ABC 3 DEF 5 GHI 4 O...

lionsclaw | Latest reply: smiller1712 Jul 21, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel returns FALSE sometimes.... why Solved/Closed

I'm using this formula to show the persons age based on date of birth. In some cases it works but in others it returns FALSE. If I change the date of ...

plato2 | Latest reply: plato Jul 11, 2014
    2 replies
  • Excel 2003 IF Function using Dates & Text Solved/Closed

Hello, I'm trying to write a function for a cell which refers to a date in another cell - which if it is between 01/01/1994 and 31/12/1995 the cell w...

Jen | Latest reply: depu Jul 9, 2014
    7 replies
  • Format fill colour based on another cell Solved/Closed

Hi I would like to format my excel page so that the rows alternate between two fill colors based on whether two cells are equal or not. Here is an ex...

EndlessDread | Latest reply: EndlessDread Jul 2, 2014
    2 replies
  • Transfer cell data from one workbook to another workbook Solved/Closed

I am using two workbooks to track account spending for quarterly reporting. Workbook 1: Day Expenses Workbook 2: Monthly Expenses WB1: I have fo...

txljh | Latest reply: Osama_bb11 Jul 2, 2014
    4 replies
  • Date format change in excel Solved/Closed

Hi, I have an excel worksheet with a date column in the format m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM. How can I change it to the format d/m/yyyy h:mm? I tried the '...

booor | Latest reply: booor Jul 1, 2014
    2 replies
  • Help: Return day of the week Solved/Closed

Hello, I have checklist sort of form that I am printing every month to let them sign for task everyday. from C3 - AG3 it is numbered 1-31 and un...

fireburn | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 23, 2014
    6 replies
  • Excel - Repeat rows to a specific number of times Solved/Closed

Hello, Hi Does anybody know how I can repeat rows in a spreadsheet (or into another spreadsheet) by n number of times specified in the cell in...

arhee | Latest reply: daphtan Jun 23, 2014
    6 replies
  • cell auto filled with dots Solved/Closed

Hello, I sow it once but not sure where and can't work out how to do it. Basically, if I write things in excel, I need it to be auto filled with do...

jutulu | Latest reply: jutulu Jun 19, 2014
    4 replies
  • How to delete strings of words from a range of cells Solved/Closed

I have a list of website for which some start with www. and others start with http://. I have been trying to remove the "http://" from all the cells a...

Arrissa | Latest reply: Arrissa Jun 14, 2014
    2 replies