Making backups of your photos, videos, notes, and other documents and files are crucial to secure the data and store it for years. There are various methods to securely and quickly back up your iPhone on a Mac computer, PC, via iCloud, or iTunes. Read on to find the step-by-step guides on how to back up your iPhone.
How to back up iPhone to iCloud?
The easiest and the most common way to backup your iPhone is by using iCloud. To do so, open Settings menu and tap on your name on the top. Then, go to iCloud > iCloud Backup and turn it on.
iPhone will automatically back up your data to iCloud when your device is connected to power, locked, and on Wi-Fi. To make a manual back up, simply tap on Back Up Now.
To view your backups, you can go to Settings > your name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. To delete a backup, tap on it and select Delete Backup.
How to backup iPhone to Mac?
You could ask: but how do I back up my iPhone to my Mac? There is a way. 1.Connect your iPhone with your Mac computer with a USB cable. 2.Go to Finder and select your iPhone. 3.In Finder click on General and select Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac. 4.Next, you can encrypt your backup data and secure it with a password. To do so, click on Encrypt local backup. Finally, click on Back Up Now and you are done!
Note: To use Finder for backing up your computer, macOS 10.15 or later is required. Otherwise, you can back up your iPhone to your computer via iTunes.
How to backup iPhone to PC?
- To back up your iPhone to a Windows PC, connect your phone to the computer with a cable.
- Go to iTunes app and click on the iPhone button in the top left.
- Go to Summary and click on Back Up Now.
- Finally, encrypt your backups with a password by clicking on the Encrypt local backup button.
- Type the password and click on Set Password.
- To view your iPhone backups, click on Edit > Preferences > Devices.
- Choose your iPhone and type the password to open your backup.
How long does it take to backup iPhone?
It can take up to 2 hours to backup your iPhone depending on the amount of data that needs to be backed up and the condition of your device.
What to do if your iPhone won’t back up?
iPhone not backing up, it can be related to various problems:
- Check how much available iCloud storage you have and upgrade it if needed
- Check that you are connected to the Wi-Fi
- Make sure your iPhone is up to date
- Ensure iCloud Backup option is enabled (Go to Settings > General > Device Management and check if your profile is there).
How to restore iPhone from an iCloud backup?
If you wish to replace your iPhone and want to transfer your backup to a new or a newly erased device, follow these steps:
- Switch on your new or newly erased iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions to choose the language and the region.
- Then, tap on Set manually and select Restore from iCloud Backup. To finalize it, follow the onscreen instructions.
Restore iPhone from a computer backup?
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and perform one of these steps:
– On your Mac, go to Finder, select your iPhone and click Trust.
– On your Windows PC, go to iTunes, click on the device icon and select your iPhone from the list.
- On the welcome screen, select Restore from this backup and choose the backup you need, then click on Continue. If your backup is encrypted, you will be asked to enter the password. Wait until the backup is successfully transferred.
- How to backup iphone
- Backup iphone
- How do you backup your iphone
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android > Guide
- How to backup iPhone contacts to my computer? [solved] > Forum - IPhone
- Combine WhatsApp chat history from iPhone and android phones [solved] > Forum - WhatsApp
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC > Guide
- Backup WeChat messages: to PC, Mac, iPhone, Android > Guide
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- Apple iOS 15.2: release date, update, beta, devices
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Apple AirTags: range, battery life, features
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- How to restore missing App Store icon on iPhone/iPod
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- Recover a draft email on iPhone: not saved, dissappeared
- How to sync iPod without removing existing songs
- Сonnect AirPods to PC, Macbook
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to reinstall Cydia: on jailbroken iPhone
- How to change your Apple ID country or region
- Raise to listen: iPhone, not working, feature
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel
- How to turn on flash for notifications iPhone
- How to turn off autocorrect on iPhone?
- Save website to iPhone home screen: Safari, iOS 13
- How to change the PIN code on your iPhone?
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Turn AirPods into a speaker
- How to sync mail to iPhone: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail
- Clean AirPods: pro, case, microphone
- How to copy URL in Safari on iPhone
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Unlock iCloud account: activation lock, apps
- How to turn off Dial Assist on iPhone
- Sync your iPhone with your PC or Mac: iTunes, iCloud, Finder
- Apple iPhone medical ID: create, login, access
- Use Apple wallet: to pay, for tickets
- How to set up internet on iPhone
- Create an iPhone ringtone from MP3: without iTunes, online
- Record iPhone screen: on video, with or without sound
- Disable the upload of burst photos on iPhone 6
- How to hide your caller ID on iPhone
- How to download and select a ringtone on iPhone
- How to use the Game Center on iPhone
- Backup SMS from iPhone: to computer, Google Drive
- How to turn off Safari suggestions: iPhone, iPad, Mac
- How to reset location and privacy on iPhone and iPad
- How to force quit apps on iPhone, iPad, macOS
- How to enable Autofill in Safari on iPhone and iPad
- How to enable text dictation: iPhone and iPad
- How to turn on the handwashing feature on Apple Watch?
- How to set screen timeout: Apple Watch
- How to turn off keyboard and lock sound on iPhone
- How to save web pages as PDF on iPhone
- How to update iPhone 5: to latest iOS
- How to restart your iPhone
- How to delete Siri history on iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV, Watch
- How to clear cache on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off ads on iPhone and iPad
- Find my iPhone: iCloud, Apple, lost mode
- How to turn off Siri: iPhone, iPad
- How to view photos and sync a photo album on Apple Watch?