This article demonstrates how to clean a Rundll error. It reveals the underlying reasons this error and provides ways to fix it. As the name suggests, a Rundll error is to do with DLL files, which store a huge amount of information. This article explains why this error occurs and provides some solutions to removing it. It suggests using certain spyware such as AVG and Spyware Doctor as well as links where you can download online tools.
DLL files form part of a large record of codes and information used by many of the programs on your computer. They are all linked to the Windows Registry and help to enhance the speed and memory effectiveness of your computer by using an identical code to run various tasks processed by various programs at a time. A Rundll error arises when a program is not granted access to this particular code.
"Error Loading C:\windows\system 32\bridge.dll " is the type of Rundll error message that you can get.
Why does this happen?
This error can arise because a DLL file has been infected by a virus or is missing on the system due to spyware. As the programs using this file will not be able to access it, a Rundll error to tell your system the program cannot be loaded due to the missing code/file.
How do I fix a Rundll error?
To locate where the error comes from, you can use internet tools or fix the problem manually.
Solution 1: Reboot your computer
Sometimes, simply rebooting your computer can fix the problem. If it doesn't, you can choose from the solutions below.
Solution 2: Install and remove the program
This problem could occur due to an incorrect program removal procedure. You can try to fix it by installing the program that has been removed, and to uninstall it either with the Uninstall option provided by the program itself, or through the Add/Remove feature in the Control Panel menu.
1. Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel
2. Select Add/ Remove program, locate the program you want to remove and click Remove
3. When the procedure is over, delete any shortcuts that could remain and empty the Recycle Bin
4. Reboot your system
Solution 3: Locate the error with System Configuration
1. Go to your Start menu and select the Run
2. Enter "msconfig" to load the System Configuration Utility
3. When it shows up, choose the Selective Startup option and enable only one of its options
4. Apply the changes and restart the computer
5. If an error message appears concerning the specific option selected, you can either proceed to solution 4 or continue the same procedure until the Rundll error appears for any specific selected option from the list.
Solution 4: Run an antispyware program, or get online help
Download a good antispyware program and try to locate the malware or spyware that is corrupting the code, or file needed to process the program.
You can get help online to try to fix this problem. There are some great websites that will give you some tips on how to identify and delete this kind of threat, or which will provide the necessary tools to fix Rundll errors. Do not forget to note down the type of error that you are facing.
Rundll errors mainly occur in computers which have registry problems. To sort out registry issues, learn the registry functions as they hold information about updates, installations, uninstallations and so on.