It can be useful to connect an LCD monitor to your computer when working in order to expand and better see your work. However sometimes after booting, the screen goes blank with a "No signal" message after the Windows logo appears. This "no signal" message displayed after the Windows Logo may be due to a faulty video card driver. Follow the steps below to uninstall/install the video card drivers and solve this problem.
If you see the no signal message on your LCD monitor:
Restart the computer.
- Once the computer goes past the initial setup screen start tapping the F8 key on the keyboard.
- It will show you the Advanced Boot Options.
- Select Safe Mode and hit Enter.
- After loading some initial drivers the computer will show you the Desktop with a low resolution. While you are still in Safe Mode uninstall then re-install the Video card driver.
- If you need any help with the video card driver installation, reply with the Device instance ID of the video card driver.
- To get the Device instance ID of the video card, right click the Computer/My Computer icon on the Desktop, select Manage > Device Manager under Computer Management from the left pane, then expand Display Adapters from right pane. Right click the Device listed under Display Adapters, click properties, go to the Details tab, and then select Device Instance Id from the drop-down list. Make a note of this Device Instance ID.
- No signal after windows logo
- Windows 10 no signal after boot
- No display after windows logo
- No signal after windows logo [solved] > Forum - CPU/Desktop
- Fix PC that turns on but no display > Guide
- Dell Inspiron 1525 blank screen without Windows logo or cursor [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- Fn key + space bar? [solved] > Forum - Windows
- Toshiba L755-5244 won't Start,keeps Rebooting [solved] > Forum - Windows
- How to unzoom computer screen: on Windows 10, Mac
- Monitor no signal: detected, problem after CPU starts
- How to fix screen flickering: Windows 10, laptop,
- NO SIGNAL error message displayed on the monitor
- How to expand screen over multiple monitors?
- How to adjust screen brightness on Fujitsu monitor
- Upside down display: Windows 10, on laptop, Mac
- How to reduce eyestrain
- 4K monitors and graphics cards: to play games, watch movies