You've just noticed, thanks to your antivirus that you had many files that were still in $RECYCLE.BIN. Continue reading this article to discover how to gain access and delete the files that are in there.
How To Delete Files in C:\$RECYCLE.BIN\
Go to C:\
Image: © ml - 123RF.com
- Pressing the "Alt" key and a menubar should appear at the top of the page.
- Click on Tools and then Folder Options.
- Then you go in the second tab at the top "display. "
- Check "show hidden files and folders" then uncheck "Hide protected the operating system files (recommended)"
- The file "$ RECYCLE.BIN" should appear at the top.
- Open it and clear the items of your choice
- You can then restore the hidden files to their default state.