You don't have to be a programmer or a computer guru to create your own video game. The internet offers a slew of software, programs, and tutorials that can help you build a video game for little to no cost. This article will introduce you to a few of the tools at your disposal to help you get started.
Software to Create Video Games
Video game development software can be downloaded for free or is available as shareware. The software provides features which are required for 2D or 3D video game designs, such as the graphical interface and multimedia rich effects like sounds, images and integrated editors. The software for creating video games like MUGEN, and RPG Maker is easy to download, install and use, for creating imaginative fighting, role play or racing games.
Open-Source Video Game Software
- Game Develop (free) is software for creating video games (eg, platform racing games) and is easy to use. The graphical interface has integrated editors. You can insert images, and set your animation without using programming languages.
- Game Maker (version 7.0 compatible with Vista) is also very intuitive; it allows you to create online multiplayer games in 2D and 3D. Provided in shareware and software trial version.
Create Combat Video Games
- MUGEN is free software for creating fighting games in 2D. It offers character integration, sets and sound effects with a library of multimedia files (text, graphics and sound). The ownership of the software usually takes a few weeks.
- Fighter Maker is a fighter game engine that is easier to use than MUGEN. The character are not as good, but the software is more powerful.
Create Role Playing Games
- RPG Maker (shareware software) allows you to create role-playing games (RPGs). It can also be used to design video games in 2D, such as racing games.
Other Video Game Software