Read more about Easy Anti-Cheat in this article and how to prevent attacks and illegal modifications, maintaining the security and balance of games.
What is Easy Anti-Cheat?
Easy-Anti Cheat is a security software created by Epic Games production company. Best known for its presence in Fortnite, one of the greatest hits of the moment, it is present in hundreds of games from practically every production company in the market. It should be installed together with the games and its main goal is to conserve a healthy and fair competition environment, fighting hacks and other forms of cheating.
How does Easy Anti-Cheat work?
Traditionally, hackers were found in classic multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike through complaints from other players and moderators, which generated extensive ban lists of those users who violated the rules of use of the game.
Easy Anti-Cheat, safely bets on prevention. With this, it ensures that there are fewer attempts to hack the systems or circumvent the rules of the game to get undue advantages, such as being invisible, something very useful in shooting games, for example.
On the other hand, the software does not prevent the use of famous cheats, those game codes like The Sims and World of Warcraft allow the user to have infinite money and other resources. These codes are created by the producers themselves and are therefore entirely legal.
How to download and install Easy Anti-Cheat?
Easy Anti-Cheat will be installed on your computer along with the first game you download that contains this form of protection. You’ll have to install the software on your computer. Otherwise, you will not be able to play. After the first game, re-installation will no longer be necessary, since the program will already be present on the PC.
You can also install Easy Anti-Cheat manually if you have uninstalled the software for any reason. To do this, go to the folder of the game in which Easy Anti-Cheat was installed and double-click the file named EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe. The installation wizard will open and just follow the steps on the screen.
Can you enjoy Easy Anti-Cheat for Fortnite?
Yes, Fortnite is one of the many Easy Anti-Cheat protected games.
Which games use Easy Anti-Cheat?
The list of games that use Easy Anti-Cheat is long and constantly growing. Below, check out some of the most popular games that require the installation of the security module: 7 Days to Die, Absolver, Albion Online, Apex Legends, ArcheAge, Audition, Audition Next Level, Battalion 1944, Battlefield 2042, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, Beyond the Wire, Black Clover: Quartet Knights, Black Desert Online, Blankos: Block Party, Blazing Sails, Bleeding Edge, Bless Unleashed, Block N Load, Cabal Online, Caliber Ru, Captain Tsubasa, CardLife, Chivalry 2, CityBattle | Virtual Earth, CODE 2040, Combat Arms, Crossout, CRSED: F.O.A.D., Crucible, Darkfall: Rise of Agon, Darwin Project, Dauntless, Dead by Daylight, Deadside, Dekaron Online TH, Dirty Bomb, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Dreadnought, Due Process, Dying Light: Bad Blood, Empyrion, Enlisted, Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, Far Cry 5, Fear the Wolves, Flyff Online, For Honor, Fortnite Battle Royale, Fractured Lands, Friday the 13th, Gears 5, Ghost Online TH, H-Hour: World Elite, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Heat, Hell Let Loose, Hide & Hold Out, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Hunt: Showdown, Hurtworld, Insurgency: Sandstorm, Intershelter, Intruder, iRacing, Ironsight, Jump Force, Kingdom Under Fire 2, Knockout City, Kritika Online SEA, Last Chaos TH, Last Oasis, Last Year, Lemnis Gate, Lost Saga Online, M.A.R.S., Memories of Mars, Miscreated, Monstrum 2, MU Legend PH, Mu Online PH, Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker, New GUNDAM Breaker, New World, Next Day, Nine to Five, One Punch Man, Onward VR, Outriders, Overstep, Paladins, Pandemic Express, Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, Post Scriptum, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Qanga, Quantum League, Ragnarok, Rappelz Online, Realm Royale, Rec Room, Reign of Kings, Rend, RF Online, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Robocraft, Rocket Arena, Rogue Company, Rust, S4 League, Sabotaj TR, SCUM, Sector's Edge, Shadow Arena, Shaiya PH, Smite, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts, Space Junkies, Special Force 2 - PlayPark PH, Spellbreak, Squad, Star Wars: Squadrons, Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, Tactic Force, Tales Runner, The Culling, The Cycle, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Trials Rising, War Rock, War Thunder, Warface, Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade,Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Watch Dogs 2, Will To Live Online, Wolf Team, WolfTeam Turkey, World War 3, Worms Rumble, XERA: Survival, Yulgang TH.
Does Easy Anti-Cheat work for Linux?
Although Easy Anti-Cheat was exclusive to Windows, the software now works for Linux (and Mac)! The developer made this compatibility announcement on September 23rd, 2021 on the official Epic Games website.
How to fix the Easy Anti-Cheat launch error?
If you encounter this problem, there are several things that you can try:
- Check your Internet connection.
- Check your Easy-Anti Cheat connectivity: to do so, you will have to follow this first link or this second link. You should get an 200 - HTTP OK message if everything works fine.
- Check the game files: corruption during the installation process may cause this error. If this is the case, you will need to repair the Easy Anti-Cheat service by following the official guide.
- Update your drivers.
- Perform a cold reboot: this may be necessary if there are programs that interfere with Easy Anti-Cheat. If you are not sure how to do a cold reboot, you can follow an official tutorial.
- Update Windows: in the Search bar, type Check for update. Next, select the Check for updates tab. If there are any Windows updates, the process will begin automatically, you will just have to wait for it to finish.
- Scan for malware: if your computer is infected, it may cause Easy Anti-Cheat to crash. To see if this is the issue, perform a full system scan. This is also a good idea because your anti-virus may block Easy Anti-Cheat as a virus.
- Contact the tech support.
How to uninstall Easy Anti-Cheat?
If you want to uninstall Easy Anti-Cheat or need to do so because of some problem with the program, follow the instructions in the section above and, in the installation wizard, select the Uninstall option. The removal of the software also happens automatically when the PC detects that you no longer have any games that use the installed software.
Note: as stated above, you cannot play any games that have Easy Anti-Cheat without the program installed. Therefore, this uninstallation should only be done temporarily to resolve any error.
Is there a way to bypass Easy Anti-Cheat?
Although there are some tutorials on how to bypass Easy Anti-Cheat, it is important to note that the software will detect any running cheat engines. Trying to bypass EAC can have various consequences, such as getting banned.
Easy Anti-Cheat not installed error: how to fix it?
There are two possible explanations for this error message:
- EAC has been uninstalled from your computer.
- You have uninstalled the Public Test Server for a game and then launched the main game.
To resolve this issue, you will have to reinstall, repair, and/or uninstall Easy Anti-Cheat. To do so, you can follow the official guide.
Is Easy Anti-Cheat safe?
Yes, Easy Anti-Cheat is totally safe and works in a non-invasive way, always in the background. It also does not meddle with the speed capacity of the game nor reduce the speed of your computer. In addition, Epic Games guarantees that it does not collect any information from the user, ensuring that your private data is secure.
- Easy anti cheat download > Guide
- Easy little alchemy cheats > Guide
- Hitman 3 cheats > Guide
- Stronghold crusader cheats > Guide
- Counter strike 1.6 cheats > Guide
- Epic Games Store: Free Games List (2022)
- How to start Steam in big picture mode
- How to share games on Steam
- How to play Halo Infinite in split-screen multiplayer co-op
- Dota Underlords: best cheats and tips
- Top horror PC games for Halloween (2022)
- How to create a Discord server: private, public
- Among Us: tips & tricks
- Top free cloud gaming services
- How to make video games: game engines and software
- How to fix a Failed to load Steamui.dll error on Steam
- How to fix a game that runs slow