In the Table Tools tab, you can, by clicking on the Delete button (Rows & Columns), you get three very explicit commands:
- Delete Columns: removes the column of the active cell or selected columns.
- Delete Rows: deletes the row of the active cell or selected lines.
- Delete table: deletes the table.
The Delete cells options, displays a dialog box in which you specify how Word must reorganize the rest of the table:
- Shift cells left: the cells to the right of the deleted cells will shift to the left to "fill" the empty space.
- Shift cells up: cells located below the deleted cells will shift up to "fill" the empty space.
- Delete the entire row or column: the deletion extends to all cells in the same column or the same row.