Using a table of contents in Microsoft Word is a neat way to prioritize your document and summarize its content. This article will explain to you how to create a table of contents in Microsoft Word.
How to create a Table of Contents in Microsoft Word?
To insert the table of contents into the Word document, put the cursor in the place where you want the table of contents to appear. Click on References > Table Of Contents and choose an automatic style.
How to update a Table of Contents?
- If you want to update the table of contents that you already created, go to References > Update Table.
- Choose whether you want to Update page numbers only or Update table and click OK.
- How to create a table of contents in microsoft word
- How to create toc in word
- How to set and print an A5 page in Word? > Guide
- How to print A5 book on A4 paper: in Word > Guide
- Microsoft Word charts: create, insert, customize > Guide
- How to add document properties in Word > Guide
- Insert a check mark in Word document: Mac, Windows, shortcut > Guide
- View Word documents in full screen mode: Windows, Mac
- Convert numbers into Words: in Word
- Recover an unsaved email attachment in Word
- How to add a watermark: in Word, to all pages, on one page
- Why is word showing dots instead of spaces
- Insert images in Word document: without moving the text
- How to stop letters overlapping in Word: when printing
- How do you find hyperlinks in Word documents
- Download Word for free: student, Mac, Windows
- Automatically replace abbreviations in Word via AutoCorrect
- View version history of Word document: SharePoint, OneDrive
- Vertical scroll bar missing in Microsoft Word: right hand
- Delete part of a table in Word: cells, columns, rows
- Add a background image or watermark to a Word document
- Recover unsaved documents in Microsoft Word: on Mac, Windows
- Convert Word to PDF and PDF to Word: online, for free
- How to open DVI file: Windows, online
- Remove password from a Word document
- Insert symbols and special characters in Word
- How to change editing language: Microsoft Word
- Remove hyperlinks in Word
- Insert watermark in Word: in front of picture
- How to delete a page in Word
- How to insert a non-breakable space (NBSP) in Word?