If you are a Windows 10 OS user, you might encounter a confusing error code 0x8000222. Don’t worry, it doesn’t mean that something terrible has happened to your PC, but just an error that often occurs during software installation or an update. In this short article, we will explain how to fix it.
How to Fix Windows Error Code 0x8000222
- Press the Windows key with R together to open the command window. Type cmd and when the prompt windows appears, type the following code: net stop wuauserv to stop the Windows Update service.
- Next, rename the "softwaredistribution" file by typing the following command: ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.Old
- Finally, restart Windows Update service by typing this code: net start wuauserv
- Normally, after this, the problem is supposed to be gone.
Photo – 123rf.com.
- Hresult 0x8000222
- 0x8000222 - Best answers
- Installer encountered an error 0x8000222 - Best answers
- Hresult 0xc80002 net framework - How-To - Windows
- The rpc server is unavailable. (exception from hresult: 0x800706ba) - How-To - Printers