Upon installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4, the following error message is displayed:
- Click Start, type cmd in the search bar, right-click cmd.exe
- Select run as administrator.
- Stop the Windows Update service by typing the following command:
- Rename the "softwaredistribution" file by typing the following command:
- Restart Windows Update service:
- Try to install .NET Framework 4 again.
This document, titled « Windows 7: Error message "Hresult 0x8000222" », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM