Since the advent of 4G , operators have changed their profile to indicate that 4G network is being used. The 3G cellular network offers a high speed internet connection, albeit slightly slower than 4G. In return for providing this additional connectivity, smartphones consume a lot of energy. In some situations you might want or need to disable your 4G and 3G connections on your iPhone to prolong battery life. We'll take you through the simple steps in this article.
Disable 3G or 4G on your iPhone
- Go to Settings > Mobile Data.
- Next, click on Mobile Data Options:
- Then Voice & Data:
- If your phone is connected to a network operator offering 4G , you will see a 4G option.
- Deselect 4G.
- Even if you disable the 4G network, 3G remains active. If you then want to disable 3G too , turn off Cellular Data.
- If your phone offers 3G, turn off the Enable 3G option.
- How to turn off 3g on iphone
- Iphone disable 3g - Best answers
- Disable 3g iphone - Best answers
- How to Disable 3G or 4G on Android Devices - How-To - Android
- 3g china iphone ✓ - Forum - IPhone
- Turn your iPhone into a 3G modem with Handy Light - How-To - iPhone
- Iphon 3g 3.1.2 help!! ✓ - Forum - Mobile
- Iphone 3G version 4.1 SIM unlock ✓ - Forum - IPhone