The internet connection on your Android smartphone may remain online permanently and interfere with the functioning of the phone. Additionally, it may eat up your data plan without you being aware of it. This FAQ will walk you through the steps needed to disable the web connection on your device.
Turn Off Internet Connection on Android Phone
Go to Settings > Wireless Network > <bold>Mobile. Simply uncheck the box next to Data Enabled so that your phone will not connect over the data network.
(N.B. You will be unable to send or receive MMS when this option is unchecked.)
You can also use Data Enabler, a widget that can quickly cut the connection to the data network. From your phone, go to the Android Market and search for APNdroid. You can also download it directly from the Google site.
Once downloaded, open the software and press On/Off to activate/deactivate the Edge/4G/GPRS connection modes. This will not disable the use of MMS or WiFi on the phone.
Image: © Asif Islam - Shutterstock.com
- How to disable internet permanently on android
- Turn off internet - Best answers
- How to disable internet on android - Best answers
- How to disable in app purchases android - How-To - Android
- How to disable images on chrome android - How-To - Android
- How to disable unknown calls on android - How-To - Android
- How to disable international calls on android - How-To - Samsung
- Virtualbox disable internet access - How-To - Software