Have you decided to sell your old phone and buy a new one? Well, before anything happens, make sure that all your important data is successfully transferred to a new phone and backed up. Afterwards, you can reset it to protect your data and sell your old phone. Here’s how to do it.
How to backup your phone?
Before getting rid of your old phone, you should backup your data to keep it safe and never lose your important files, photos, and videos. Your Android device can be backed up via Google Drive, Google One, Dropbox, or simply with your computer, flash drive, or another storage system. You can also backup your iPhone with iCloud, your Mac, or Windows PC.
How to backup an Android phone?
To manually backup your Android device, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings app on your phone.
2. Tap on System > Backup and select Back up now > Continue to launch the process.
You can also turn automatic backups on your phone in the settings and have all your content saved regularly in Google Drive or Google One.
How to backup an iPhone?
iOS devices can also be backed up through Google services if you wish, though it’s easier to use iCloud and make your backups regular and automatic. Read our guide about how to backup your iPhone.
How to wipe your phone before you sell it?
Before selling your old device, it’s better to wipe a phone clean, so there is no personal data, or settings left. Make sure you backed up and transferred your data to a new phone before doing it since there is no way back!
How to wipe Android phone?
1. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options.
2. You will see 3 options: “Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth”, “Reset app preferences”, “Erase all data (Factory reset)”. Select the third one. Enter your password if there is one.
3. You will get a warning screen saying that all your data including contacts will be deleted. If you are sure you have it all backed up and saved, tap on Reset phone. Then, select Erase everything.
After this, your phone will reboot and you’ll see the welcome screen asking you to choose the language, region, etc. This means it worked and now you can sell your phone!
How to wipe your iPhone?
To erase your iPhone after you backed up all your data, follow these instructions:
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset.
2. Enter your passcode. Then, tap Erase All Content and Settings.
Then, your iPhone will restart with all content and settings wiped out, and you can sell it.
Photo – www.unsplash.com