-
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
September 21, 2020
-
Hello, I have been trying to refresh my Facebook but every time I put my password in it says it is spelled wrong and I double checked it in saved passwords and I did not spell it wrong so how can I change my password for added security?

System Configuration: iPad / Safari 604.1

2 replies

Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
September 21, 2020
Hello, it is not possible to change your FB password outside of FB. You need to be connected to your account to do so by going into settings > password.

I recommend that you enter private browsing mode and try to reconnect again, being sure to check that you don't have caps lock, num lock or something like that turned on.

If possible see password as you are typing it so you can be 100% sure it is the same.

If your password had been changed, there would be a message that said you have entered an old password.

You can follow the steps in this article on how to reset your Facebook Password.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

I tried to reset my Facebook but now when I put in my phone number or e-mail it says I already have a account with that phone number and e-mail address. I just want to be able to reset my password for security purposes but this is ridiculous it says my password is wrong and it is not!
Registration date
Monday November 25, 2019
Status
Administrator
Last seen
September 21, 2020
So are you already logged in to Facebook when that happens?

You could also try forgot account, and then article recover your FB account.