This article will explain how to delete a Facebook account. It will also provide a quick tip on how to reactivate your account if it has been previously deactivated.
How to deactivate or permanently delete your account?
Deactivating your Facebook account is a partial way to step back from the community, without destroying all of the information contained in your account. To deactivate your Facebook account, click the arrow in the top-right corner and select Settings & Privacy:
From there, choose Settings.
On the lefthand side, click Your personal information.
Next, select View next to Deactivation and deletion.
From there, you will have two options:
- To deactivate your account - this is not definitive and your account can be recovered.
- To delete permanently your account - as it name suggests, this is a permanent choice.
If you choose to delete your account, you may need to fill a form and then to confirm with your logins and by entering a capcha.
What happens if you deactivate your account?
Concretely, Facebook will hold onto your information so that all you will need to do is log in to reactivate your account. While messages that you have previously sent will remain visible to their recipients, other Facebook users will not be able to search your profile or contact you on the platform.
The Facebook account will remain deactivated for 14 days. If you log in with your credentials during these 14 days, the deletion process will be canceled.
You may find that in your time away from Facebook, you will discover other hobbies and, even, enjoy doing nothing at all in your free time.
How to reactivate a Facebook account?
Once a Facebook account is deactivated, you'll be given as long as you want to reactivate your account. It will not be permanently deleted unless you officially request it to be.
To reactivate your Facebook account, simply sign in to Facebook using your email address and password or use your Facebook login info to connect somewhere else. The account activity will be sufficient to reactivate your account.
- Delete facebook account
- Delete fake facebook account within 24 hours [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Delete disabled facebook account > Guide
- How to delete FB disabled account? [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to delete fake facebook account without password [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Delete fake facebook account [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Meta: new Facebook name, rumors, and future
- Voice and video calls on Facebook
- How to unblock friends on Facebook
- How to add name pronunciation to Facebook
- Comment ranking on Facebook: how to turn it on
- Facebook Leak: data and security check
- How to share a post in a private message on Facebook
- How to send a message to multiple users on Facebook
- What is b.static.ak.fbcdn.net on Facebook?
- Change Facebook language: in browser and on Android
- How to check who viewed my Facebook profile (2021)?
- How to turn off comments on Facebook
- How to turn off automatic translation on Facebook
- How to change your birthday on Facebook
- Reset Facebook password: without email and phone number
- How to download Facebook data: on mobile and on desktop
- How to download Facebook videos
- Change the Facebook video quality settings
- Facebook group disabled: what to do?
- How to connect to Facebook without entering your password
- How to turn off autoplay on Facebook
- Nearby Friends on Facebook: iPhone and Android app
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- Download audio from Messenger: on PC and mobile
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do