iOS will automatically change the orientation (portrait or landscape mode) of your screen, depending on how the device is being held. Here's how to lock the screen orientation of the iPhone or iPad.
How to lock portrait rotation on recent iOS?
- Swipe down from the top right corner.
- Tap on the lock screen button as shown in the photo:
How to lock force landscape orientation?
If you want to force your iPhone screen into landscape mode, even when you are using portrait mode, you can use AssistiveTouch which can be found in the iPhone's Accessibility settings menu.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch
- Toggle AssistiveTouch On.
- Below you will have the option to designate custom actions, such as Single-Tap, Double-Tap and Long Press.
- Select Single-Tap and choose Open Menu
- Go back to the home screen and click on the circular icon on the screen.
- On the first screen select Device then Rotate Screen and then you will see a menu for choosing orientation. In order to force rotate your screen, you need to have the Portrait orientation lock switched off. Also, force rotate only works on pages that would normally rotate to landscape mode when you turn your screen - it doesn't work on the homepage for example, but will work on webpages.
How to lock iPhone orientation on older versions of iOS?
- Swipe your finger upward to display the Control Center.
- Tap on the lock button located on the top right.
Need more help with iOS? Check out our Forum!
- How to Lock the Touch Screen During Video Playback on Samsung Galaxy Tab
- How To Rotate Laptop or Desktop Screen Image
- How to Pin Websites to iPhone Home Screen
- How to Lock The Video Screen Orientation on VLC For Android
- IPhone screen goes blank
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- Apple iOS 15: release date, update, beta, supported devices
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel