Firefox - How to change the location of the temporary files folder
Changing the location of Firefox's temporary files folder can be useful when your PC is equipped with a small SSD (60GB). Moving the temporary folder to another drive will help to prevent frequent writing on the SSD.
Change the location of the temporary files folder
Create a folder on the drive you want to use and name it as: Firefox_temp
- Open Firefox.
- Type the following in the address bar: about:config
- Press enter to confirm
- Search for the following entry: browser.cache.disk.parent_directory
- If you can't find this entry, create it:
- Name it as: browser.cache.disk.parent_directory
- Right-click > New > String
- A window opens, type the following:
Optimiser un SSD
- Where H is the drive containing the new temporary folder.
- Close all windows and restart the browser.
- Clean your PC using CCleaner or Wise Disk cleaner.
- Given that the temporary files are now stored on another drive, some softwares won't be able to clear them.
- You can manually clear the temp folder by going to H:\\Firefox_temp\\
Published by deri58
Latest update on March 5, 2015 at 05:50 AM by deri58.