When you download a file using Google Chrome, the file is automatically saved to the Downloads folder of your user account. However, if you would like to change your default download location, here's a step-by-step tutorial on how to do so. This method works for all versions of Chrome on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac.
How to change the default Chrome download location?
Open Chrome and click the small wrench icon > Options > Under the Hood.
Scroll to the Download section and go to Download location. Click Browse.
Here, you may select the desired location for your downloaded items:
N.B. If you have multiple download folders, you may enable the Ask where to save each file before downloading option, which will allow you to choose your desired folder for each individual download.
Click Close to finish.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- Android chrome download location
- How to change default download location android
- How to change default download location in chrome
- Opera gx change download location > Guide
- Idm change download location > Guide
- How to change the BitTorrent download location? > Guide
- Change uTorrent download location > Guide
- Change default download location: for Vuze > Guide
- Enable WebGL Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to change the character in the dinosaur Chrome game?
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to see incognito history: Android, Mac, Windows
- How to clear auto-opening settings on Chrome: 2021
- How to block camera and microphone access on Chrome
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to access Google USA: from other countries
- Enable the FPS counter on Google Chrome
- How to set zoom settings in Google Chrome
- How to open Chrome Settings: shortcut, in a new window
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- How to find saved passwords in Chrome: Mac, Android, PC
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- Disable touch events: Chrome
- How to install extension in Chrome: Android, manually
- Speed up Chrome browser: Windows 10, PC, on Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to check Google Chrome: version history, for updates
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome
- How to access the Google Dashboard G Suite?
- Restore Google toolbar: in Windows 10, on Android tablet
- How to send link via email with Google Chrome extension
- How to enable Google Chrome power saving mode
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to auto refresh Chrome tab with an extension
- How to fix Google Chrome cursor bug
- How to reset Google Chrome settings: to default, Android
- How to make your Google Chrome page background a GIF?
- How to turn off auto translate in Chrome: Android
- How to stop Chrome from blocking downloads
- Update Google Chrome browser Android or iPhone
- Google Translate extension Chrome: Mac, Android
- The best Chrome extensions of 2022: security, productivity
- How to enable extensions in incognito in Chrome
- The best flags to customise Google Chrome in 2022
- How to see downloads in Chrome: Android, iOS
- How to turn off Chrome notifications
- How to block ads on Google Chrome?
- Enable private browsing in Google Chrome: in incognito, PC
- How to reopen closed tabs in Chrome