Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
While Instagram doesn't offer the ability to download photos in the app, there's a simple workaround that uses Google Chrome's DevTools to retrieve full-size images from Instagram. This tutorial will teach you how to download Instagram photos to your computer or on your mobile, online for free.
How to download Instagram photos on mobile?
The following steps work if you want save and download Instagram photos to an iPhone or Android device from the Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone, and go to the profile with the photo that you want to copy.
- Go to the menu (the 3 dots)
- Select the copy link button
- Now open your mobile web browser and past the link into the search bar. The image should now appear.
- You can now select the photo, and save the image. The photo will be available amongst your other photos on your phone.
How to download Instagram photos on PC?
The steps are the same as above up to the copy link section where you obtain the link and can then enter the link in your web browser. For these next steps you will need to be using the Google Chrome and the Chrome DevTools.
- After having entered the link in your web browser, you now need to access Chrome's Page Source. Go to View > Developer > View Source. Alternatively you can just right click on the image and select View Page Source.
- Use CTRL + F (on PC) or Command + F (on Mac). Use the word search to find: .jpg
- Highlight and copy the entire text in between the " "
- All you need to do now is paste that in a new window and the image should appear. You can now save the image to your PC.
Can you download multiple Instagram photos?
If you want to download Instagram photos in bulk, you will need to download the Chrome Extension: Mass Download For Instagram. This, and other extensions, allow you to download multiple images at once.
What is the quickest way to save an Instagram photo?
If you are not too concerned with image quality, then one of the quickest ways to save an Instagram photo to your phone or PC is a simple screenshot. Instagram does not notify the other user that you have taken a screenshot of their photo, story, reel, or otherwise. The only time when Instagram will alert the other user is if you take a screenshot of a direct message featuring a disappearing photo or video.