Instagram has over 1 billion active monthly users that businesses can interact with to promote themselves and their products. This article will show you how to create an Instagram Business account, or switch to an Instagram Business account if you already have an Instagram account.
Whilst you could promote your business on Instagram without a business account, there are several key Instagram Business account features. Instagram business accounts get in depth statistics on post reach, follower demographics, advertising options, and the best times for posting based on when followers are online, among other useful additions. You can also add detailed information about your company, such as business hours, location, phone number and website.
Before you get started, you will need to have a Facebook Business page. It is recommended that you create this with a dedicated Facebook account (although it is possible via your personal account). You can set this page to private if you do not intend to upload content to it.
Firstly, in order to make a Business Account for Instagram you will need to download the Instagram app if you haven’t already. You can download Instagram for iPhone, Instagram for Android, and alternatively, Instagram for PC.
Unlike other social media, you cannot easily publish content on your Instagram account from a PC. There is a work around for Mac users which permits you to upload photos from PC to Instagram. We have written a dedicated article how to download Instagram on your PC.
Create an Instagram account
You will now need to create an Instagram (skip this step, if you already have an account then go to the section on how to change Instagram to a Business account). Avoid using a personal email address, or even personal Facebook account to create your new Instagram account. It is best keeping these separate.
Setup your profile
Now, you will need to create a username and password. If this is for a business, choose an appropriate username that is a good representation of your business, as this is one of the first things people will see when they look at your page. You can change your username after you have created it, however the amount of times you can change it per month is limited.
Select an Instagram profile photo
You will then be prompted to choose a profile photo for your business account. As this page represents your business, use something recognizable, associated to your brand, or a logo. For example, if you own a florists, use something appropriate. Once this step is finished, you will be recommended a list of accounts to follow, we recommend that you wait until you fully finish setting up your account before doing this.
Fill out your Instagram Bio
To complete your profile, fill out the bio and your contact information. The bio is important because it is your opportunity to explain what your business is all about, find your target audience using keywords and include a link to your website or storefront. You can edit your bio at any moment, so don’t feel pressured to get it perfect immediately.
Once you have fully created your Instagram account, you can now switch your account to a Business Account.
- 1.Go to your profile, then go to the menu (icon in the top-right corner).
- 2.Enter Settings
- 3.Select Account
- 4.Click Switch to business account.
- 5.At this stage it is recommended (yet not mandatory) that you connect your business account with your previously created Facebook Page associated with your business. Note: Only one Facebook Page can be connected to your Instagram account. If you want to post ads and incorporate Instagram Shopping on your page, connecting to Facebook is necessary.
- 6.You will now need to decide which Instagram Business Categories you want to be attached to. You can change this later.
- 7.Add any additional details related to your business and you are done.
Once you have finished setting up your business account, you are ready to start posting content. Be aware, you will need 100 followers before you can start using Instagram Analytics.
- Facebook business
- How to Create an Instagram Business Account
- Instagram business account restricted
- How do I change a base location on Instagram? > Forum - Instagram
- How To Use an Instagram Business Account in Facebook Business Manager
- How to Merge and Manage Multiple Social Media Accounts
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts.
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, recovery, request review
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2021, free, for iPhone
- 10 tips on becoming an Instagram Influencer
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- Contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2021
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension
- Making money on Instagram: 2021, live, reels, posts
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- Instagram algorithim: 2021, change, for reels, posts
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- How to view hidden Instagram Stories anonymously
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- Instagram message request: guide, disappeared, 2021