Instagram allows you to easily repost stories where you have been mentioned directly from the app. However, reposting a story where you haven't been mentioned is also possible, although you will need to use a third-party app. Check out this article for instructions.
If you receive a notification that someone has mentioned you in their story, reposting it is very easy.
1) Open Instagram and go to your direct messages by touching the paper plane icon in the upper right:
2) Go to the conversation with the contact who mentioned you and click on Add to Your Story, which appears below the story.
3) You will automatically be directed to the story editor. Now you can add music, gifs, or whatever you want and publish it:
What to do when you can't repost stories?
Instagram does not allow you to repost stories directly if you haven't been mentioned, so you will have to use a 3rd party app. For Android users, we recommend Story Saver. If you have an iPhone, check out ReShare for Instagram.
How to share a post?
Instagram also allows you to share normal posts in your stories too! Here's how you can get started.
1) When you see a post that you would like to add to your stories, click on the paper plane icon under the post (this is the same one used to send direct messages):
2) In the drop-down menu, select the first option Add Post to Your Story, which should appear next to your profile picture:
3) The story editor will open, and here you can customize it before publishing:
Need more help with Instagram? Check out our Forum!
- How to repost on instagram
- Can’t repost on my story > Forum - Instagram
- We limit how often instagram > Forum - Instagram
- Instagram video selfie verification error > Forum - Instagram
- Instagram can't type chinese > Forum - Instagram
- Instagram photo downloader chrome > Guide
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- Instagram message request: guide, disappeared, 2021
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, request review
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2021, free, for iPhone
- 10 tips on becoming an Instagram Influencer
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- Contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2021
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension
- Making money on Instagram: 2021, live, reels, posts
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- Instagram algorithim: 2021, change, for reels, posts
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- How to view hidden Instagram Stories anonymously
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook
- Recover Instagram account: without password, using Facebook