The Instagram app is officially only available on smartphone or table (Android and iOS), however it is possible to use Instagram on your PC either with an emulator, or through Safari for Mac users. In this article we will show you how to download and use the Instagram app on PC.
The official Instagram app was created for mobile and allows you to take and edit photos and, then, interact with the photos of your friends. You can also post Stories to show your followers what is going on in your daily life. Unfortunately you cannot download the Instagram app for PC, instead Instagram is available through your web browser, however most of the features are limited or, in the case of photo posting, restricted.
You will need to begin by creating an account on Instagram. For this, you will need to download the application onto your smartphone or go to the official Instagram website.
Next, you will need to download Bluestacks, which is an Android emulator that is available for Windows and for Mac. It allows you to download Android mobile applications to your desktop computer or laptop.
After installing Bluestacks on your computer, launch the program. Open the Google Play Store, locate the Instagram for Android app, and install it. Alternatively connect to the App Store and download Instagram for iPhone.
Launch the program and connect to your profile:
You can now take pictures using the webcam of your computer and post them directly to your Instagram profile:
You can also choose a picture from your photo library by clicking the Gallery button at the bottom-left of your screen. Additionally, you have full access to the standard set of Instagram filters available on mobile.
If you have a Mac, instead of a PC, and want to be able to upload photos to your Instagram account from your Mac, follow these steps.
Firstly you will need to enable the Develop Menu on Safari by going into the Safari Menu and selecting Preferences. Go to the Advanced tab and then select Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar. When you next connect to Safari you should see the Develop Menu alongside File, Edit, View History, Bookmarks etc.
Now you need to go to the Instagram web page, and enter the develop menu and select User Agent.
You will see the different types of devices you can simulate. In order to be able to upload photos, select iPhone. The page will look similar, except now there will be an upload button at the bottom.
You can now upload photos to your Instagram directly from your PC, allowing you to use higher quality images from your camera, if you have one, as opposed to photos from your phone.
- Instagram app
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension > Guide
- How To Download Instagram Videos on Desktop
- How to download instagram photos on pc
- Blackberry apps download without app world
- Download tizen app store [solved] > Forum - Mobile
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts.
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, recovery, request review
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2021, free, for iPhone
- 10 tips on becoming an Instagram Influencer
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- How to contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, temporarily, online
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories
- Make money on Instagram: without selling anything
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- Instagram algorithim: 2021, change, for reels, posts
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- How to view hidden Instagram Stories anonymously
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- Instagram message request: guide, disappeared, 2021