The Instagram app is officially only available on smartphone or table (Android and iOS), however it is possible to use Instagram on your PC either with an emulator, or through Safari for Mac users. In this article we will show you how to download and use the Instagram app on PC.
The official Instagram app was created for mobile and allows you to take and edit photos and, then, interact with the photos of your friends. You can also post Stories to show your followers what is going on in your daily life. Unfortunately you cannot download the Instagram app for PC, instead Instagram is available through your web browser, however most of the features are limited or, in the case of photo posting, restricted.
You will need to begin by creating an account on Instagram. For this, you will need to download the application onto your smartphone or go to the official Instagram website.
Next, you will need to download Bluestacks, which is an Android emulator that is available for Windows and for Mac. It allows you to download Android mobile applications to your desktop computer or laptop.
After installing Bluestacks on your computer, launch the program. Open the Google Play Store, locate the Instagram for Android app, and install it. Alternatively connect to the App Store and download Instagram for iPhone.
Launch the program and connect to your profile:
You can now take pictures using the webcam of your computer and post them directly to your Instagram profile:
You can also choose a picture from your photo library by clicking the Gallery button at the bottom-left of your screen. Additionally, you have full access to the standard set of Instagram filters available on mobile.
If you have a Mac, instead of a PC, and want to be able to upload photos to your Instagram account from your Mac, follow these steps.
Firstly you will need to enable the Develop Menu on Safari by going into the Safari Menu and selecting Preferences. Go to the Advanced tab and then select Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar. When you next connect to Safari you should see the Develop Menu alongside File, Edit, View History, Bookmarks etc.
Now you need to go to the Instagram web page, and enter the develop menu and select User Agent.
You will see the different types of devices you can simulate. In order to be able to upload photos, select iPhone. The page will look similar, except now there will be an upload button at the bottom.
You can now upload photos to your Instagram directly from your PC, allowing you to use higher quality images from your camera, if you have one, as opposed to photos from your phone.
Need more help with Instagram? Check out our Forum!
- Instagram download
- Instagram app download
- How to download instagram in laptop
- Instagram download for pc > Télécharger
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension > Guide
- Instagram download pictures chrome > Guide
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4 > Guide
- The best Telegram bots > Guide
- View hidden Instagram Stories: anonymously, online
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Recover Instagram account: without password, using Facebook
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, request review
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- Instagram message request: guide, disappeared, 2021
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2021
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts
- Enable dark mode on Instagram: iPhone, PC, Android
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2021, free, for iPhone
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- Contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Instagram algorithim: 2021, change, for reels, posts
- 10 tips on becoming an Instagram Influencer
- Making money on Instagram: 2021, live, reels, posts
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories