Like other applications, Instagram has implemented a dark mode function. This black background display mode helps you rest your eyes and is much more discreet. To find out how to activate is, keep reading.
Instagram now offers dark mode on mobile phones. However, this still does not affect all users: to see your photos and your feed on a black background, you must have an iOS 13 or Android 10 terminal, the latest versions of the operating systems of Apple and Google, respectively. In addition, the function is not fully integrated with Instagram: dark mode is activated in the application when configuring the mobile in night mode.
Dark mode is an increasingly widespread feature in mobile apps. Google has sponsored its development for several months, and already offers it in the YouTube app or Google Chrome. The American giant has also announced its availability in Gmail and Google Maps, while Facebook has already adopted it in Messenger. How can we explain the success of this darker environment? Firstly, it's more relaxing for the eyes, due to decreased screen brightness. A good point for Instagram users who spend an average of 53 minutes daily on the social network. The other advantage is battery saving on OLED type screens. A good argument when you're addicted to images!
To use Instagram for iPhone with dark mode, on the latest versions of iOS (13 and newer), open Settings and go to Display & Brightness. Under the Appearance section, select Dark to activate the dark mode:
If you wish to deactivate dark mode, return to Display & Brightness and select Light.
To use dark mode on Instagram for Android, open the Settings menu on your smartphone. Click on Accessibility and then on Screen, or directly on Screen if an Accessibility menu does not appear. Then, press the button in the Night mode section to activate it (it will change to blue). As soon as it is activated, night mode causes the menu to appear on a black background. Open the Instagram application. The theme is now dark, with a black background instead of white. At any time you can return to the normal version of the application. Simply turn off the Night mode in the smartphone settings.
If you want to view Instagram for PC with dark mode you can, however not directly on the Instagram website. You will need to make use of a Google Chrome extension, such as "Night Mode for Instagram". Other browsers such as Safari have a dedicated dark mode which should work on most webpages.
Need more help with Instagram? Check out our Forum!
- How to turn on dark mode on instagram pc
- How to turn dark mode on instagram pc
- Instagram dark mode pc
- Itzz a7aa.com snapchat dark mode > Guide
- Filezilla dark mode > Guide
- Scribus dark mode > Guide
- Change Notepad++ background and foreground colors, dark mode > Guide
- Vanish mode on Messenger: meaning, not working, turn off > Guide
- View hidden Instagram Stories: anonymously, online
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2022
- Recover Instagram account: without password, using Facebook
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, request review
- Download Instagram Stories: in app, Chrome extension
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- Instagram message request: not showing, seen, deleted
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- How to get the Instagram blue badge?
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2022, free, for iPhone
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: stories, post
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- How to contact Instagram support: directly, by email, phone
- Repost Instagram stories: to your story, if not working
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- How to change fonts in Instagram: for bio, apps
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- How to become an Instagram Influencer: 10 tips to succeed
- Instagram algorithm: 2022, change, for reels, posts
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Making money on Instagram: 2022, live, reels, posts
- Block Instagram tags: in captions, comments, and stories
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2022