Like other applications, Instagram has implemented a dark mode function. This black background display mode helps you rest your eyes and is much more discreet. To find out how to activate is, keep reading.
Instagram now offers dark mode on mobile phones. However, this still does not affect all users: to see your photos and your feed on a black background, you must have an iOS 13 or Android 10 terminal, the latest versions of the operating systems of Apple and Google, respectively. In addition, the function is not fully integrated with Instagram: dark mode is activated in the application when configuring the mobile in night mode.
Dark mode is an increasingly widespread feature in mobile apps. Google has sponsored its development for several months, and already offers it in the YouTube app or Google Chrome. The American giant has also announced its availability in Gmail and Google Maps, while Facebook has already adopted it in Messenger. How can we explain the success of this darker environment? Firstly, it's more relaxing for the eyes, due to decreased screen brightness. A good point for Instagram users who spend an average of 53 minutes daily on the social network. The other advantage is battery saving on OLED type screens. A good argument when you're addicted to images!
To use Instagram for iPhone with dark mode, on the latest versions of iOS (13 and newer), open Settings and go to Display & Brightness. Under the Appearance section, select Dark to activate the dark mode:
If you wish to deactivate dark mode, return to Display & Brightness and select Light.
To use dark mode on Instagram for Android, open the Settings menu on your smartphone. Click on Accessibility and then on Screen, or directly on Screen if an Accessibility menu does not appear. Then, press the button in the Night mode section to activate it (it will change to blue). As soon as it is activated, night mode causes the menu to appear on a black background. Open the Instagram application. The theme is now dark, with a black background instead of white. At any time you can return to the normal version of the application. Simply turn off the Night mode in the smartphone settings.
If you want to view Instagram for PC with dark mode you can, however not directly on the Instagram website. You will need to make use of a Google Chrome extension, such as "Night Mode for Instagram". Other browsers such as Safari have a dedicated dark mode which should work on most webpages.
Need more help with Instagram? Check out our Forum!
- Instagram dark mode
- Instagram dark mode pc
- How to turn on dark mode on instagram pc
- Snapchat dark mode android
- Filezilla dark mode
- Change The Scribus Theme
- How To Change the Notepad++ Background Color
- Notepad change background colours [solved] > Forum - Windows
- Recover Instagram account: without password, using Facebook
- Post multiple pictures on Instagram: story, from PC, post
- Instagram message request: guide, disappeared, 2021
- Instagram promotions: not working, disabled, 2021
- Unlink a Facebook account from Instagram
- Finsta account: meaning, ideas, celebrities
- How to connect Facebook and Instagram business accounts
- Disable Instagram account: temporarily, on PC, mobile
- Instagram account disabled: appeal, request review
- How to use Instagram Reels: filter, effect, audio, android
- How to view Instagram live on PC
- Best Instagram Story apps: 2021, free, for iPhone
- 10 tips on becoming an Instagram Influencer
- Instagram blue badge: requirements, verification, free
- Instagram fonts: generator, for bio, 2021, free
- Contact Instagram support: directly, email, number
- See who viewed your Instagram: story, profile, post
- Download Instagram videos: online, story, reels, MP4
- How to take good Instagram photos: tips and tricks
- Delete Instagram account: permanently, online, 2021
- Download Instagram photos: online, Chrome, bulk, free
- Create a story on Instagram: with music, on PC, with photos
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free
- Change Instagram profile picture: on app, without posting
- Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
- Repost Instagram Stories: app, to your story, not working
- Link Instagram to Facebook: account, business, page
- Block Instagram tags: captions, comments, stories
- Download Instagram Stories: app, Chrome extension
- Making money on Instagram: 2021, live, reels, posts
- Pin comment on Instagram: post, live, story
- How to create Instagram filters with Spark AR Studio
- Clear suggestions on Instagram: users, pages, searches
- Create an Instagram Business account: on pc, from Facebook
- Instagram Close Friends: list, share story, post
- Instagram algorithim: 2021, change, for reels, posts
- Select a phone's default camera on Instagram
- Create Instagram account: without phone number, on PC
- Increase followers on Instagram: free, organically, tricks
- Upload high quality photos to Instagram: from iPhone, PC
- How to view hidden Instagram Stories anonymously
- Reset Instagram password: without email, using Facebook