How to use Instagram Reels: filters, effects, audio
One of instagram's latest features is Instagram Reels, a cross between TikTok, Vines and YouTube Shorts. In this article, we will explain to you what are Instagram Reels and how to use them.
What are Instagram Reels?
Instagram Reels is a built-in feature of the app that allows you to create short funny videos, edit them and post them online. It is a popular way to create content for influencers and celebrities on social media. It is a handy idea to enjoy 15-seconds films within the Instagram app if you don't want to download TikTok or Likee and prefer to use a familiar interface.
How to make a Reel on Instagram?
Creating a reel doesn’t require any special skills or add-ons, it’s accessible through the app.
1.Open the latest version of the Instagram for iPhone or Instagram for Android app and swipe right to access the Instagram camera. Otherwise, you can tap the camera icon on the top left.
2. Tap Reels at the bottom of the screen.
3. Finally, tap the record button to create your Reel. Instagram Reel length should be between 3 and 15 seconds.
4. On the left pane, you can use various editing tools, such as special effects, masks, text, and audio adding, as well as some AR effects. All you need to do now is continue to swipe and choose which Instagram Reels filter or effect that you want to use. There is a preview which allows you to see what your video will look like before you publish it.
5. After you create a Reel, you can post it online to your feed or as a story. You can also save it for later as a draft by clicking on Save. Afterwards, you can find your saved Reel in the Reels tab in your Instagram profile.
You can discover new Reels made by other people and watch the most trending ones in the Explore section.
How to upload a video on Instagram Reels?
If you already have a video you’d like to upload to Instagram as a Reel, that’s also possible.
1. Launch Instagram and swipe right to open the camera.
2. Select Reels at the bottom and swipe up to open your phone’s library.
3. Choose the video you’d like to upload and use the trim feature if you need to cut it.
4. When the video has a convenient size, add audio, text, or other special effects, such as slowing it down or speeding it up, applying filters and AR effects, etc. Finally, you can save it as a draft or directly publish it.
How to add music to my Reel?
When you record a Reel you can use the editing panel on the left side of your screen. Here you can pick a song by tapping on audio, change the speed of your Reel, add special effects, and trim your video. If you encounter any problems with creating or uploading a reel, check out the Instagram Reels help page on the Instagram website.
Can everyone see my Reels?
If you have a public Instagram account, you can share your Reels to Explore tab and be discovered by a large Instagram community. Otherwise, you can share your Reels only to your feed.
If you have a private account, your Reels will only be available for your followers, and other users can’t access them.
What is the best time to post a Reel on Instagram?
According to various social media research, the best time to post anything on Instagram is Wednesday at 11 am and Friday at 11 am. Check out this article to learn more about how the Instagram algorithm works.