Turn off Snapchat notifications: iPhone and Android
If you find Snapchat notifications to be unrelenting and pesky, there is a simple way for you to disable them.
How to disable all Snapchat notifications?
- On Android: Go to Settings in the Profile screen, click Notifications, and from there uncheck the Enable Notifications box.
- On iPhone: Click on your Profile icon, select the gear icon to open the Settings, select Notifications, and then uncheck all notifications types.
How to customize Snapchat notifications?
- On Android: Go to Notifications by following the instructions in the previous section. Tap the notification type of your choice to enable or disable it.
- On iPhone: Follow the instructions from the previous section to get to Notifications. Next, check or uncheck the notification types of your choice according to your preferences. To manage the story notifications, tap Manage Story Notifications and then select the name of every friend you want to get notifications from. Confirm by selecting Done.
How to manage Snapchat chat and group chat notifications?
- On Android: Go to the chat screen (swipe right). Press and hold on the chat (or group chat) of your choice. Select More and from there, tap Message Notifications and choose All Messages or Silent.
- On iPhone: Open the Friends screen (swipe right). Press and hold on the chat (or group chat) of your choice. Select More and from there, tap Message Notifications and choose All Messages or Silent.
Snapchat notifications not working: what to do?
In case you don't receive any Snapchat notifications, make sure you try the following things:
- Log out and back to Snapchat.
- From the app, check that your notifications are enabled.
- From your phone's settings, make sure that the notifications are enabled.
- Auto Sync Data (Android) or Background app refresh (iPhone) have to be enabled. You can find these options in your phone's settings, either through the Accounts section for Android, or the General settings for iPhone.
- Try reinstalling the app.
- Try updating the app.
- Clear the app's cache.
- Make sure that the Snapchat app has all the necessary permissions and namely, to access your network.
- Check your Internet connection.
- Check if you are in Don't disturb mode.
- Allow the background data usage for the app.
- Uninstall third-party apps.
How to fix delayed Snapchat notifications?
If your notifications are late, then you may be encountering one of the following problems:
- Poor Internet connection.
- Enabled Data saver.
- Low battery.
- Cache is full.
Try managing these and if it doesn't work, we recommend trying the solutions from the previous section, "Snapchat notifications not working".
You need more help with Snapchat? Check our forum!
Around the same subject
- How to turn off snapchat notifications
- How to stop snapchat notifications
- Stop snapchat notifications
- Snapchat download pc > Download - Instant messaging
- Snapchat sign up > Guide
- Turn off gmail notifications > Guide
- Itzz a7aa.com snapchat dark mode > Guide
- Snapchat call > Guide