When you initially create your Skype account, you are asked for your Skype name and also your display name. Under pressure, some users may have put a display name they may later wish to change. Fear not though, while you cannot change your Skype name, it is actually fairly easy to change your display name, and here’s how.
Skype Name vs Display Name
The Skype name is what is used to login to Skype while the display name is that is shown on the screen. It is advisable to put a nickname allowing your friends to find you, with at least the correct first name, but not your full name if you don’t want this to be public knowledge.
How to change the Display Name online?
- Open Skype.com, then go to the top right menu, ‘My Account’
- Click ‘Edit Profile’ on the the left of the page. You will then need to click the ‘Edit Profile’ button on the next page.
- Here you can change your display name, and other details, and then save the modifications
How to change Display Name on the Skype app?
It is also possible to change your skype display name on the Android or iOS app. To do this follow these steps:
- Open the Skype app on your mobile.
- Click on the avatar at the top of the screen.
- Click on Skype profile.
- Click on the pencil to edit your display name.
Photo: © Rawpixel
- How to change skype name
- Change skype name - Best answers
- Remove skype account from mac - Best answers
- How to change skype time zone - How-To - Skype
- Skype - How to change the language settings - How-To - Skype
- How to recover skype password without changing it - How-To - Skype
- My skype password has been changed by someone ✓ - Forum - Skype
- Facebook account hacked email and phone changed ✓ - Forum - Facebook